Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 Quiet Mode

Hi, I just recently transitioned from the Note 3 to the LG G3 & find the phone to be an incredible upgrade!!
    I got used to the "Blocking Mode" feature on the Samsung phone & find the similar feature "Quiet Mode" on the LG phone to be very lacking. On the Samsung phone I could activate the blocking mode & still receive phone calls from predefined numbers. The LG phone seems to offer a similar arrangement whereby phone calls from specific numbers could be allowed but the quiet mode feature works by putting the phone either in "Silent or Vibrate Only" modes & thus with the "Quiet Mode" activated even though it allows the call to go through but I can't respond to it as the phone is Silent or on Vibrate while I sleep.

This seems like a big oversight whereby the whole purpose of allowing phone calls is defeated!!

Can anyone please advise what to do or if I am doing something wrong??

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Default Re: LG G3 Quiet Mode

Once "Quiet Mode" has been activated. Check the box "Block Incoming Calls", tap on "Incoming Call Settings", tap on "Allowed Contact Lists" then add in whomever you like.

Hulk, the OP's concern is even with that checked, allowed calls come in, but they are silent. I noticed this too.

Oh... I should've read OP's message more clearly. Hulk sorry

Hulk do you notice it too? Or are we missing a setting?

Honestly, whenever I put my phone on "Quiet Mode", I do not add any exception to the list. I'll play around with it later on and try calling with the wife's phone to see if I'm experiencing the same thing.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Any updates?

You're not doing anything wrong - the mode isn't the same as on the Samsung. As of right now you can't have it ring audibly while in Quiet mode. More than anything, it's only useful to keep the notification light off and to turn in vibrate or silent at an automatic time. It's really not much different than just putting the phone in vibrate or silent yourself using the volume keys.

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

for me I got it to work if only the same caller calls within 3 min. After checking "Block incoming calls" then in incoming call settings check "REPEAT CALL". Then if the phone number calls again I got it to ring.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by dunamis View Post
    for me I got it to work if only the same caller calls within 3 min. After checking "Block incoming calls" then in incoming call settings check "REPEAT CALL". Then if the phone number calls again I got it to ring.
    Thanks for the update.
    Clearly the feature is broken!!

Mine will pick up and ring if the same caller calls twice or if someone on my allowed list calls. For example. I'm on call. I received a call from work during my quite mode activation. Since work is on my list my phone rang.