Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G2 Ringtones

I had the G2 and only got rid of it when KitKat hit it and several features stopped working (loved the phone before that). I got the G3 and am also dazzled by its design. However, I really liked some of the ringtones and notifications the G2 had. How do I get those for the G3? I went to Google and downloaded the G2 ringtones app but can't seem to assign them or get them integrated into the G3 ringtone database. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: G2 Ringtones

Are you talking about the ringtones that came with the phone or downloaded items?

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Copy the files into the ringtones folder and you should be able to see them in settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Keeling View Post
    I had the G2 and only got rid of it when KitKat hit it and several features stopped working (loved the phone before that). I got the G3 and am also dazzled by its design. However, I really liked some of the ringtones and notifications the G2 had. How do I get those for the G3? I went to Google and downloaded the G2 ringtones app but can't seem to assign them or get them integrated into the G3 ringtone database. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I looked in the Play store and found LG G2 Ringtones by Viddic. Is that the app you got? If so, it looks like you assign them through the app itself. There's a three dot menu button beside each ringtone in the list. Doesn't that give you the option to assign the file as a ringtone?

That's one thing with LG I found with the G2 and G3... Lousy ringtones...

Found a new ringtone

Tune Your Phone with Free 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat Ringtone
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the suggestions. I could assign through the app but it is very limited - ringtone, notification or alarm. I would like to download them to the phone then move into the ringtones folder. How do I get the ringtones out of this app to download?

Thanks again

Open File Manager and see if the app created a folder with the audio files. If they are there, you can move them to the ringtone or notification folder with the file manager. I use Zedge for getting all my ringtones and notification tones, they download directly to the phones storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Keeling View Post

Thanks
    . You can go to the play store, download Zedge, and in search options lg g2 ringtones. From there download and they will go directly to the ringtone section of the g3. From there assign them as you wish
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thank you for the sedge suggestion. I had a friend make the same suggestion, and it worked. Thanks.