Questions about G3 features

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

I can't seem to get some gestures to work with my phone. For instance, the ringer doesn't get softer when I pick up my phone, nor does the phone answer work when I bring it up to my ear. However, it does work to silence the ringer when I turn it over. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Everything is enabled under the gestures menu.

With the default messaging app, is there a way to not have the screen turn on when a text message comes in but to just have the notification sound go off?

Is anyone having issues with google+ not bring in high res profile pics into the contacts app? My contact pictures are so grainy.

Thanks for your help!

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I think I was able to get high res google+ pictures but making sure I was displaying both google contacts and google+ in my contacts.

However, I still can't get the phone answer gesture to decrease volume to work. Anyone have a fix for that?

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
The default messaging app not turning the screen on its usually in the messaging app settings.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be in there. The only ones that I see under notifications are new message pop-up, preview (message content), notification sound, vibrate and repeat alert.

I also get a ping sound every time I open a group message chat, but it doesn't do it for a single person chat that I can't seem to turn off either.

Odd, but obviously very minor issues.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would list the sms app your using so someone using same could possibly help. Or are you using the stock. I've used textra and hover chat and both then have the setting for wake screen up

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I would list the sms app your using so someone using same could possibly help. Or are you using the stock. I've used textra and hover chat and both then have the setting for wake screen up

I'm using the stock G3 sms app. Maybe it doesn't have the option to turn it off.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it does or not, it would be in the settings of your messages app. Textra has it and hoverchat has it. Textra is more a basic texting app, not so bloated like handcent, both textra and hoverchat work good.

Textra recently updated their app and changed the pop up box, you will see a lot of reviews, me one them, complaining about the new and wanting the old back, let the user choose which one they like. But you haven't seen the old way, so probably won't matter to you. The app still works fine, the developers just screwed up the app by taking the old way away, must something wrong with choices, so I went back to hoverchat for that reason.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk