I am using the stock music player and philips earphones and sometimes, most notably when I tug at the earphone jack, the music stops playing. When I turn on the screen, it shows that the music has paused. Sometimes it even skips to the next song.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-05-2014 12:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are the headphones only pure headphones, or do they have any other remote control features? If it has a remote control, slightly moving the plug might be causing some false commands to be transmitted.

Some MP3 player devices will automatically pause if you remove the headphone--are you sure your headphones are fully plugged in? If they're not quite fully in, then a slight tug might make the phone think you're pulling it out, and therefore pause the music. You should feel or hear a click when the plug is in all the way.
    08-05-2014 01:00 PM
    Hi thanks for replying. I'm quite certain the plug is fully in, because sometimes the music skips to the next song. I will try google play music and see if the issue persists.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-07-2014 05:44 AM
    How did it go for you?
    I have the exact same problem. I am using Pioneer earphones.
    Whenever i am listening to music, in the Spotify app or LG music player and the plug moves, the players skips a song or goes to pause.

When I use headphones that has more functions, like the standard Iphone earphones it doesn't do it.

Solution seems to be: to buy new earphones that has more functions.
    The ones without extra functions touches the inside of the phone with the jack when you move it.
    08-08-2014 02:06 AM
    I've posted about this in the audio problems thread a few posts down from this. It's the most recent post in the thread (save me retyping it!). Presume you're getting the loud pop when skipping tracks, too?
    08-08-2014 04:12 AM