Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Smart Notice and Smart Tips - Does Anyone Use It?

I've had my G3 for a few days now and still trying to decide whether to keep the Smart Tips widget or not. When I first got the phone before customizing it a bit, it had a few tips that seemed fairly useless but I thought I'd give it a shot. For the last few days, all it does is give me weather, which doesn't seem to update that often and time, plus a simple sentence on bringing an umbrella or a clear night. Even that doesn't really update that often. Hitting the setting, I have selected all available info toggles, but still not much real info conveyed and no new cards for days.

A google search references a Smart Notice toggle on the Home Screen option under Settings, but I don't even have such a toggle on mine - which seems bizarre.

I've had LG Health on an off - doesn't seem like a really useful tool but it doesn't impact the Smart Tips cards either way.

What am I missing in engaging this feature, and if I can get it to work, is it even worth it given Google Now cards seem much more useful?
    Banned

Default Re: Smart Notice and Smart Tips - Does Anyone Use It?

It really seems kind of useless to me. I'm using the Google now launcher.

Posted via Android Central App

Seems useless to me as well so I just put the simple clock widget.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    Something Jelly

The widget was slowing my phone down so I got rid of it. Plus I live in Nebraska so the information that the weather might change suddenly was neither new nor helpful.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

I got rid of Smart Notice after a few days. It didn't seem that useful. I added the clock/weather widget that doesn't include Smart Notice. I found an alternate way to get access to LG Health, which I do use occasionally.

No, it's BS, IMO.

Sent from my 20266 using Tapatalk

I thought smart notice was hide and cool and witty by describing the weather and giving recommendations but it was never ever accurate so I just stopped using it.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

The Smart Notice widget would be nice if it showed Google Now cards along with whatever useless information it currently feeds us. It's a cool idea, but executed poorly. You're better off switching to the weather widget.

Smart Tips is such a joke. It's basically for people new to the phone and don't know what they're doing.

As for LG Health, having it take up the left side of the screen isn't that great unless you want to quickly check out your pedometer. A shortcut works just as well.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Party like a Ninja Star