Compatible Qi Chargers + Qi upgrade experience

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I thought that I would start this thread to track the compatible Qi chargers for those that are upgrading their battery covers. My G3 is the US version on Verizon. I ordered the Qi sticker from AliExpress in China and received it today.

Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Factory Direct Wholesale wireless charging + NFC IC chip for LG G3 CASE D885 D830,D851,D850 F400L,F400K,F400S support
(You want Style 1 for Verizon)

The sticker took 2 1/2 weeks from the date I placed the order to arrive in California. The installation was very easy. Both NFC and Qi (see below) are working. I haven't gone through a full charge as yet to determine how much longer it takes to charge wireless.

Now, regarding the charging pads... I had a Droid DNA before, so fortunately I had a couple of different Pads.

The Verizon Wireless Charging Pad Model# WCP-700 - Does *NOT* work
The Nokia Model# DT-900 Charging Pad - Works fine

Post if you find other Pads that work.

UPDATE: Wireless charging seems to be just as fast as charging with the wall charger. The back gets a little warm when it is charging.

Last edited:

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Did you have to rip out the NFC already in your case back?

I actually purchased one of those blank backs on eBay and installed the sticker on it. I just tossed my Verizon original back in the drawer in case I have to return the phone for any reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt