Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By belodion
  • 1 Post By frope01
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mystery photos

So I'm tinkering around with my G3 in the photos. I've never hidden any photos but I clicked it just because. I find some thumbnail pics and some duplicates of my other pics. To my surprise I also find someone else's personal pics. People I've never seen in places I've never seen. It wouldn't surprise me if the phone were refurbished or a loaner but this is a new model of a new phone. I bought it from an AT&T store the morning of release in the US. Apparently I'm not the first to use it. Anyone care to speculate on how they got there?

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

Default Re: Mystery photos

Could be from Google +

Facebook?

This is the most intriguing thing I've read this week.

Do you recognize the background of any of them?? That is so cool. It's like you're uncovering a secret!

Quote Originally Posted by frope01 View Post
    So I'm tinkering around with my G3 in the photos. I've never hidden any photos but I clicked it just because. I find some thumbnail pics and some duplicates of my other pics. To my surprise I also find someone else's personal pics. People I've never seen in places I've never seen. It wouldn't surprise me if the phone were refurbished or a loaner but this is a new model of a new phone. I bought it from an AT&T store the morning of release in the US. Apparently I'm not the first to use it. Anyone care to speculate on how they got there?

Those people are probably looking at pictures of you right now on their G3 and thinking "Who the hell is this guy?"

Posted via Android Central App
    akira751 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    Could be from Google +
    Yes, they are probably avatars sync'ed from some Social Media app.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Most of the pictures are cached thumbnails from other apps that I use and have actually downloaded content from, for example Swiftkey keyboards & beautiful widget clocks.
    There was a picture of a young Asian boy sitting at a table in Starbucks eating cookies. There was another which was a selfie of an Asian lady wearing a shower cap making a face into the camera. I've never seen these people on any social site I use.
    I also checked my other phone and my tablet but found only the cached pics, no mysterious photos.
    I can't imagine a site arbitrarily loading photo files onto my hard drive. If so that sucks.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Those people are probably looking at pictures of you right now on their G3 and thinking "Who the hell is this guy?"

Posted via Android Central App
    Lol. They should be so lucky.

belodion likes this.