help! get rid of visual feedback

papelet

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I just noticed that my G3 gives visual feedback when you press an icon on the main screen and the app drawer. If I'm not wrong, it was not like that about 2 hours ago.
How can I get rid of the visual feedback when I press an icon?
Thanks!

papelet

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
This is what I'm talking about. When I press the icon it highlights

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1467.jpg
    1467.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 1461.jpg
    1461.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 83

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I see what you mean now. It just happens so quickly I could hardly tell.

Not sure if there is a way to turn that off.

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't do that. I'm using the Google Now launcher, though, so it must be something in LG Launcher.

On mine there's a quick glow around the edge of icons when pressed, but my Droid Maxx died the same thing. It's also Google Launcher.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, mine does the same thing. It's just super quick. (I have animations turned off) I normally have all my icons in folders on the homescreen so it is not as noticeable.

It must be the launcher, as Distorted Loop pointed out. I will scour G3TweaksBox and the LG Hidden Menu to see if there is an option to turn it off and post my results.

Cervantesmx

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I just noticed that my G3 gives visual feedback when you press an icon on the main screen and the app drawer. If I'm not wrong, it was not like that about 2 hours ago.
How can I get rid of the visual feedback when I press an icon?
Thanks!
My phone is completely stock on Sprint. My phone does the same thing. It's a super quick animation. I can't understand how this bothers you, but just install a different launcher.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
My phone is completely stock on Sprint. My phone does the same thing. It's a super quick animation. I can't understand how this bothers you, but just install a different launcher.

Same here. It's so fast you can barely see it-in fact I never even noticed it until I read this thread.

papelet

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have phone OCD lol. I had a nexus 5 previously (that may explain a lot).
Anyway, I'll keep trying but now that I know I'm not alone I can live with the feedback lol
Btw I just hate the fact that it's square

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using a different launcher? I use Nova, but I do not see an option to disable that feature. You can change the animation, but there is no way to turn it off.

papelet

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using a different launcher? I use Nova, but I do not see an option to disable that feature. You can change the animation, but there is no way to turn it off.

With stock launcher? How can I change the animation? That would be great if I could turn it into a glowing or popping thing instead of that ugly square...
Beside stock launchers I only use 3D. Got over the LP's, the GO's etc when I still had a droid2