Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Love the LG G3 screen! But wish it was brighter!

I must say. I love thus phone. Everything about it works fine. My only gripe is yes the display is gorgeous. Very crisp and clear except I wish the brightness was better. My screen is not yellow like others , its still white, its just not bright to me. I came from the HTC One M7 with the SLCD 3 display. The setting on that phones brightness at 50% seems to match the Lg g3 brightness at 100%. I guess I was spoiled from the One. And perhaps the IPS display is just the way it is. Anybody else think its not very bright?

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Default re: Love the LG G3 screen! But wish it was brighter!

I actually wish the display would go dimmer.. On the lowest brightness setting in a dark room it's slightly too bright (i have adjusted now, but still not ideal) when reading black and white manga's.

I never had the need to go over 60% Auto. Sometimes, in a specific game, I will turn off Auto and just stay at 60% solid. No reason to go higher than that, unless I am at the beach or something.
    GrooveRite and Jaylw09 like this.

No issues with brightness here and I came from the g2. I do think the fonts are too sharp though. Maybe changing to a different font will help me? Anyone else feel this way? 😔

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    I actually wish the display would go dimmer.. On the lowest brightness setting in a dark room it's slightly too bright (i have adjusted now, but still not ideal) when reading black and white manga's.

I never had the need to go over 60% Auto. Sometimes, in a specific game, I will turn off Auto and just stay at 60% solid. No reason to go higher than that, unless I am at the beach or something.
    I have mine set on 60% and its perfect for my use unless in bright, sunlit situations like you stated.
    xocomaox likes this.

This was my issue with Z2 it was dull/pale, LG did a better job than Sony. I'm fine with the display but as I said 2K did more harm than good. Over hype IMO.

Pro S5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    Thanked by:
    gummyjelly likes this.

i remember some saying there was a a place in Settings > Accessibility that could fix this.

On my LG G Pad, Lux Lite (Free) helped brighten the screen

I love the G3 screen and I'm an Amoled lover!

Try LUX app.

Download the app "screen filter" and you can make the screen as dark as you want. I've been using it for a long time now, It's awesome when you use the widget

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

I think the auto brightness setting is too dim. I leave mine set at 70 percent and it's good for me. I have no idea why people say thier whites are yellow. Mine looks white.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mobile Nations mobile app
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks guys. I guess there are a lot of bias opinions. This was my second lg g3. As my first one had issues with connectivity. I just think the first g3 screen looked brighter.. Maybe its just me. Also like I said the htc one m7 has a higher nits count.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted Loop View Post
    Try LUX app.
    Thanks, I will try out this app.

Quote Originally Posted by mxrider821 View Post
    Download the app "screen filter" and you can make the screen as dark as you want. I've been using it for a long time now, It's awesome when you use the widget
    I will try this out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by drbol View Post
    I think the auto brightness setting is too dim. I leave mine set at 70 percent and it's good for me. I have no idea why people say thier whites are yellow. Mine looks white.
    I wish there was a way to adjust the auto-brightness sensitivity at different levels. I was able to do this with many custom 4.3 roms on my RAZR, so I think it's just a software limitation for now.

My whites are white!

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

I'm running at 40% .

Steve/Boanerges Performance

I run at 50% with auto off in the house which is bright enough to really show the screens quality.

Outdoor use and taking pictures in bright conditions you do need the 85-90% brightness level.

But overall I'm content with it just the way it is :-)

Thanked by:
    Jaylw09 likes this.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

Unless I am outside in bright sun I keep it at 25% no auto and it's perfect. 100% is painfully bright to me. In bright sun I bump it up to 50% or so.
    LG G3 (Shine Gold, Sprint)
    Netgear Zing (hotspot)
    iPad Air
    Galaxy Victory (Husband)
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Dell Lattitude 10 (Win 8)
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by WordPainter View Post
    Unless I am outside in bright sun I keep it at 25% no auto and it's perfect. 100% is painfully bright to me. In bright sun I bump it up to 50% or so,
    Unless something is wrong with my screen, 25% is like black. Way too dark. And in bright sun light here in Florida, 50% forget it. I'll never see it..

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    Unless something is wrong with my screen, 25% is like black. Way too dark. And in bright sun light here in Florida, 50% forget it. I'll never see it..

Must be something as I'm typing this at 0% brightness and can see fine.

Wouldn't remain on this as i obviously like it a bit brighter.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Must be something as I'm typing this at 0% brightness and can see fine.

Wouldn't remain on this as i obviously like it a bit brighter.

0% brightness on mine is black. I can barely make it out. Anything under 40% for me is too dark. My eyes are not bad. Hope nothing is wrong with my phone. I already used up my 1 new replacement for ATT. Now I would have to get a warranty refurbished one.

I have mine at -40 brightness.....the G3 can do no wrong (even if it can).

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    0% brightness on mine is black. I can barely make it out. Anything under 40% for me is too dark. My eyes are not bad. Hope nothing is wrong with my phone. I already used up my 1 new replacement for ATT. Now I would have to get a warranty refurbished one.

At 0%, is yours viewable in an almost completely dark room? It should be very viewable on your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    I have mine at -40 brightness.....the G3 can do no wrong (even if it can).
    Why thank you BBseatle I love you to man.

So happy that you still feel the need to single me out.

I'm so honoured

Thank you very very much :-)

Its just such a privilege to here your wise words.

Oh and merely stating a point I'm not saying its perfect.

But thank you for your insightful opinion.

I learn a lot from you its incredible I owe you a great deal of gratitude :-)

Thanks again :-)

This is my G3 at 0% manual brightness in my kitchen with a large overhead fluorescent light.

Dimming the screen is a necessary compromise that people have to make if they want at least serviceable battery life. Ramp up the screen to a comfortable 70+ % and the battery takes a huge hit. So they're left to looking at a miserably dim screen as a power compromise. Then they talk themselves into believing that 0% screen brightness hurts their eyes it's so bright.
    With the G3 you can have either serviceable battery life or a comfortable, bright screen to look at. But not both.

Here are mine same conditions large overhead Florecant light 0% auto off.

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Love the LG G3 screen! But wish it was brighter!-1407374853290.jpg   Love the LG G3 screen! But wish it was brighter!-1407374868676.jpg  
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

At 0%, is yours viewable in an almost completely dark room? It should be very viewable on your eyes.
    Thanks guys for all the post and pics. I am now home and with my screen at 0% under a florescent light I can see it fine. I guess I worry to much..need to stop and enjoy this awesome phone..

Thanked by:
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast