BlackBerry fan but looking for a change

Ansovald

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I love blackberry and will till the end but when my current contract is up or I decide to buy out I'm looking for a change and the LG G3 is peeking my interest for those that do have it how is it? pros/cons, or if anyone else has any other idea for a phone I'm willing to look into it..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have seen a love/hate about the G3. I think this all stems from first batch issues, and I think we will see more people saying they love it in a few more months. It really seems like a solid device.

I have the M8, and I like it. While honestly not my absolute favorite (that would probably be the Moto X), but an extremely solid device that I would suggest.

Ansovald

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm heading into the states Wednesday, and then I can really see if the G3 is for me, I can't really do much right now as my cell carrier (MTS) only has a dummy phone. I like how the phone looks and how the buttons look on the back, I'm more concerned about how the menu lay out is and the customization is ,seen other android phones and the menu layout and customization turned me way

koroshiyax

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I use both a Z30 and a LG G3.

The G3 is awesome in every way (Minus the little bugs), but the one thing you will miss almost immediately, and continuously, will be the BB10 HUB. There's nothing like the hub in Android so you'll literally have to access each and every account, application, separately through their respective icons and widgets. There are some 3rd party apps that manage multiple e-mail accounts more effectively, but it is still a poor man's replacement for what the hub can achieve.

Which BlackBerry are you coming from?

Ansovald

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I own a Z10 and truth be told I don`t use the hub all that much so I don`t think I will miss the HUB all that much. and what do you mean by the little bugs.?

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Ive owned the z10 and still have a q10 . even tho i switch phone every 3 months or so i still miss my hub.

You wont be disapointed with the g3 and it sure have a better batterylife!

Anyway i love my g3 !

Posted via the Android Central App

Ansovald

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
The one added bonus I like about the G3 is the wireless charging ( where available) for those who own a G3 that can use wireless charging how is it and how does it work? if I do get it whats the range of it etc.

sparkyman22

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I had a Z10 for almost two years and really was a great phone. But BB said their focus was turning to just business and keyboard phones and that was not for me. So two years later on ATT and no new flagship full touch phone, so I was researching the LG G3 and it had everything I wanted in a new replacement for my Z10. Bigger brighter screen, better removable battery, sd card slot, slim bezels plenty of ram to run RR3. All i needed is to be able to load BBM and real racing 3, and make sure I can communicate as effectively as before. The one thing I miss is the hub but you can't have everything and the G3 is such a great phone I can say It should take care of my needs for at least the next two years and possibly more.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I had a Z10 for almost two years and really was a great phone. But BB said their focus was turning to just business and keyboard phones and that was not for me. So two years later on ATT and no new flagship full touch phone, so I was researching the LG G3 and it had everything I wanted in a new replacement for my Z10. Bigger brighter screen, better removable battery, sd card slot, slim bezels plenty of ram to run RR3. All i needed is to be able to load BBM and real racing 3, and make sure I can communicate as effectively as before. The one thing I miss is the hub but you can't have everything and the G3 is such a great phone I can say It should take care of my needs for at least the next two years and possibly more.

My sentiments exactly.

Steve/Boanerges Performance

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
The G3 is a great phone. I love it. This is just my preference. I would rather use a BB10 phone with sideloaded apps. I just don't think anything beats the software experience of a BB10 phone. But the G3 is hands down a better phone on every way. You won't be disappointed if you switch. Using Android is just entirely different than BB10.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

Ansovald

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
just came back from the States (Grand Forks) and had a chance to play with a G3 and right away I knew it was for me the feel of it the smooth flow of everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC