Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Stock LG Keyboard or Swiftkey?

Quote Originally Posted by shane hickey View Post
    I found swiftkey to predict better, but it had noticeable lag.
    I had really bad lag/lockups with Swiftkey on my S3. If I experience this on my G3, I will simply go back to the stock keyboard.

You can resize the LG keyboard. I increased key size by a little until I was typing smooth and not tripping over keys.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I just switched to Swiftkey today. Will let you all know if I stay with it. Been getting annoyed with the LG keyboard messing with my word input. Almost seems like the keys are too small or my fingers are too fat. Probably the way I type, who knows.
    Thanked by:

Ill switch back and forth, primarily swift key. It's too good.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    You can resize the LG keyboard. I increased key size by a little until I was typing smooth and not tripping over keys.
    I had no idea. Thats good to know! Thanks!

Global Posts
    2,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    I loved the feature set on the stock LG keyboard.... the customization, layout... but the actual operation was horrible. I gesture type, and it would miss the pause between words almost half the time and I'd get strange chars added to several words in a sentence. I'd have to go back and fix about 1/3 to 1/4 of the words I typed.... it was a mess and made it unusable.

Pity though.... it had all the makings of a top-notch keyboard.

I was a heavy Swype user, but I think I'll give Swiftkey a shot.... with the bigger screen, I think I want the dedicated number row and the added cursor keys.
    I agree wholeheartedly! The LG Keyboard and its gesture/swipe typing recognition isnt as good as Swype's or Swiftkey. And for some reason, Swype gets really laggy (both on my old GS3 and now on this G3). I also prefer the Google Voice engine over the Dragon. So Swiftkey it is. I can resize the keyboard, add the numbers and easily get to the special characters (I type it two languages and hate having to manually switch over). Add to that the themes and I am good with Swiftkey. If only Switfkey gave me more than 3 options to correct a word, it would be perfect.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White

I've always been a swype fan, but have become a fan of the number row. The stock keyboard was not very accurate for for me. SwiftKey has been a solid compromise, so far.

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Had SwiftKey on my last device. On the G3, though, I didn't see a reason to move away from the LG Keyboard.
    Re-sized it so it took up less screen, too. Don't believe that can be done with Swiftkey on this phone.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The prediction on stock is terrible indeed. I would type dollar amounts and it changes on me! SwiftKey is much better

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Sony Ericsson K790a | Palm Treo 650 | Apple iPhone | Apple iPhone 3G | Apple iPhone 3GS | HTC EVO 4G | Samsung Epic 4G | HTC EVO 3D | HTC EVO 4G LTE | Apple iPhone 5 | LG Nexus 4 | Sony Xperia Z | HTC One | LG G2 | Sony Xperia Z1 | LG Nexus 5

Swiftkey, because I use it across devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentrix View Post
    Re-sized it so it took up less screen, too. Don't believe that can be done with Swiftkey on this phone.
    You can, long press on the Swiftkey logo and you can pick from 4 or 5 pre-set sizes. Not as ideal as the slider that the LG unit does, but I will choose somewhat limited options rather than a keyboard the chews up my sentences like they are cheetos.
    Thanked by:

I was on the stock keyboard for quite a while, now on SwiftKey. The stock keyboard felt MUCH more responsive, but the predictive text really didn't seem to be learning at all, kept making the same mistaken predictions over and over.

Don't I remember another thread like this one?

For those of you that think swype is more accurate than the LG keyboard, you are silly dildos. The LG keyboard uses Swype, directly from Nuance. It's licenced. As far as the autocorrect, you must turn it on in the settings and adjust the aggressiveness of the correction (that was a mistake not having it on by default).

And for those of you who want the arrow keys, try to press and hold the space key, then slide horizontally. It's a pretty nifty way of moving the cursor. I've been swiftly since my first day on android. Give the lg keyboard a second look.

likewise to many here, I gave the stock keyboard a chance, and simply missed having the next work often suggested. much faster to type on swift for me.

Sent from my VK810 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Hulleman View Post
    For those of you that think swype is more accurate than the LG keyboard, you are silly dildos. The LG keyboard uses Swype, directly from Nuance.
    Well then they had some issues integrating it. I've been using Swype since it's beta and the LG keyboard isn't anywhere near as reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Hulleman View Post
    . As far as the autocorrect, you must turn it on in the settings and adjust the aggressiveness of the correction (that was a mistake not having it on by default).
    Even with the autocorrect enabled, it doesn't seem to learn from mistakes. It keeps turning "ok" into "p.m." on me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12