LG G3 Unfortunately vzwavsservice has stopped

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately vzwavsservice has stopped

I disabled it and everything is working fine. Whatever it is, it can't be that important.
LOL My thoughts exactly. I think that's true of 99% of the Verizon stuff running on these phones. I am still curious about what it's meant to do though.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

It appear to be Google +. Go to Settings, Apps or Application Manager, slide list to All, find Google + and uninstall the last update. This will clear this up till l they find a fix. However, has not happened on my new G3 yet, but did see it on a Galaxy 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting it on my S5. Clearing Google+ data and cache didn't work but stopping and forcing stop on vzwavsserivce did work. I had some sounds that weren't working, including phone key pad but once this problem was fixed, the sounds came back :)
Thanks

Phat1cat

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site

Same issue on my Galaxy S5 today after doing some system update... seems to be related to Google+ and some Verizon system app. Uninstalled Google+ updates, back to factory version and it stopped... did Google+ update and error came back. Hope Google or VZW look into this quick.
I have the same problem with my galaxy s5 and I talked to verizon tech coach ( what a waste of time) all they wanted to do was reset phone that is their answer to everything.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

It did appear on my G3 this morning! It was after a reboot. But I have not seen it since! Cross fingers. On the S5, it came back constantly, and had to uninstall Google + update, and disable to stop.

Posted via the Android Central App

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Our neighbor friend showed me her S5 phone today. Same problem. I'll fix it for her next time I see her.
Thanks

AC App on SGS3

Gordon Smirh

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

VZWAVSSERVICE is the Verizon Address Verification System Service. Banks use the AVS Service to verify your address when you make a purchase with your credit or debit card. An AVS authentication failure can result in a credit card sale being denied, and the sale and associated funds put on hold until the bank is able to verify that the person attempting to make the purchase is in fact the card holder (by matching the address entered to the billing address the bank has on file)..

Mikesterr2

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Well saying its an address verification system for credit cards means its probable that it has something to do with Isis payment verizon forced with kitkat update. No thanks Google wallet works just fine.

DK Gordon

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

So I go the Verizon store and show them the phone...the tech there shows me his phone and says "mine does that too!" I asked how do you fix it...they said "let's google it and find out" needless to say...we didn't get past the factory reset before I left and said..."no thanks" and the reply was "we'll turn in a ticket"...Uninstalling G+ updates worked.

rchusid

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

The problem got worse. I had been receiving the message and ignoring it, keeping the Google+ update. Yesterday I updated a couple of other programs (not Google+) and one required a reboot. After rebooting, the phone would continually boot up, give the vzwavsservice has stopped message, and not long afterwards would reboot. After a few cycles of this I went into app manger during the brief period between reboots and deactivated vzwavsservice. I have not had any problems since doing this. As it appears to conflict with programs beyond Google+, it might be safer to deactivate vzwavsservice before getting into more serious problems.