Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 is Too big for my pocket

Going to be buying this phone soon but it barely fits in my pocket. Can anyone recommend a good holster?
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default re: LG G3 is Too big for my pocket

Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    Going to be buying this phone soon but it barely fits in my pocket. Can anyone recommend a good holster?
    If you carry it in a holster every Tom, Dlck, and Harry can see your pretty new flagship phone, and follow you to a quiet spot to relieve you of it. Carrying a first class phone in a holster is an open invitation to robbers.
    Keep it out of public sight if you're not using it.
    Userp222 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    If you carry it in a holster every Tom, Dlck, and Harry can see your pretty new flagship phone, and follow you to a quiet spot to relieve you of it. Carrying a first class phone in a holster is an open invitation to robbers.
    If it doesn't fit in my pocket, your suggestion is...?
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

If it doesn't fit in my pocket, your suggestion is...?
    Get a bigger pocket, or get another phone.
    Thanked by 2:
    A895acnas 
    acnas, A895 and Ben John like this.

You can't really see the phone when its in the holster. The only way for someone to know that its the G3 is if they stared at you until you removed it, and they were only a few inches from you to see what it was. If that's the case, then its the same amount of risk as carrying it in a purse or pocket and someone seeing you use it.

I recommend Otterbox also here's the link to the holster sold by Android central http://www.shopandroid.com/seidio-su...474.htm?d=1745

I have been carrying phones in leather holsters for 10 years. Have not had one ripped off yet. The holsters I use have a clip over the belt and two loops your belt goes through. It's far easier for someone to snatch it when you have it in your hand.
    Gator352 likes this.

A little style: http://www.ldwest.com

Super skinny jeans? really!
    Jaylw09 and Ben John like this.

Yeh I was gonna say to lose that skinny jeans lol

Posted via Android Central App

The G3 fits great in my pocket and I have nice form fitting jeans. Not skinny but nice and relaxed.
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyTop View Post
    I have been carrying phones in leather holsters for 10 years. Have not had one ripped off yet. The holsters I use have a clip over the belt and two loops your belt goes through. It's far easier for someone to snatch it when you have it in your hand.
    Why risk snatching it when you can simply ask for it. Backed up by a gun or knife.
    mariusfilip likes this.

If you're going to use a holster, I would suggest an Otterbox defender. Total protection. Period. Plus, it's strong enough that if an intruder really wanted it, you can use it to bash their skull in while not having to worry about shattering the screen.....
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

Second vote for Otterbox. That's what I'm using and it works very well. They did a great job of minimizing the size on the defender.

otterbox here too...works great !

What kind of pants are you wearing that a slim phone doesn't fit in them? Ditch the skinny jeans
    Thanked by:

The G3 fits in all my jeans, dress pants, and shorts. Like someone said earlier either lose the skinny jeans or get a different phone.

Sent from my Verizon LG G3

Seidio Surface is the way to go. I have used their cases and holsters off and on for several years. They are sturdy and light weight.

Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

I have been using a leather holster case for five years from a company called Pdair (odd name- I know)
    Here's one for the G3
    Amazon.com: LG G3 D850 / D855 Leather Case / Cover Protective Carrying Phone Case / Cover (Handmade Genuine Leather) - Vertical Pouch Case (WITH Belt Clip) (Black) by Pdair: Electronics

Although I like technology, I wanted something that was not "techy" as a daily wear. The quality is very good. It's all real leather, not some imitation stuff, and it still looks good five years later after daily use. Stitching all in place except at belt clip where the metal underneath is showing thru. Still-five YEARS of use every day. Very satisfied. Stays firmly clipped to belt but also pretty easy to get off and throw into beach bag, backpack, etc. From what I have heard in the big cities phone theft is a real problem, but they will generally snatch out of hand, either run-by or on bikes. In a big city, or transportation terminal, I'd take precautions just as I do with my wallet.

Here's the horizontal version.
    http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Protective-Carrying-Handmade-Genuine/dp/B00M56K3LI/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1407501042&sr=8-11&keywords=pdair+case+lg+g3

Bit trickier regarding use of headphone plug but bit easier to reach in and adjust volume. That's a real downside to the LG volume buttons- anytime they are in a case like this, you cannot get access the way you can with a Samsung.

Don't. Worry soon enough they will make a big screen you can fold.

xocomaox likes this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I should clarify. The phone fits in my pocket when Im standing (barely), but Im afraid to sit down with it in my pocket. I've seen the bending of iphones, etc from people having them in there pockets....

Interesting reply. I guess I just never heard anyone getting robbed before.

As for the OP, OtterBox Defender is the only case/holster I can think of.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    I guess I just never heard anyone getting robbed before.
    You haven't? You must have been under a rock then. BlackdogAC has heard all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdogAC View Post
    From what I have heard in the big cities phone theft is a real problem, but they will generally snatch out of hand, either run-by or on bikes. In a big city, or transportation terminal, I'd take precautions just as I do with my wallet.
    And it's on the news all the time!

^ No one is saying that ppl dont steal cell phones, but your recommendation of not getting a holster ONLY because someone will rob him is what's questionable. OP simply asked for a recommendation of a good holster and your reply was to get a new phone...does your recommended phone come with an attached holster?

I should clarify. The phone fits in my pocket when Im standing (barely), but Im afraid to sit down with it in my pocket. I've seen the bending of iphones, etc from people having them in there pockets....
    I just take my phone out at work/home, if I'm in a movie theater I'd just put it in a cup holder, if I'm eating somewhere I'd just put in on the table, etc.

You haven't? You must have been under a rock then. BlackdogAC has heard all about it.
    Yeah- and I live in the sticks! It's pretty serious in a lot of areas and police are overwhelmed. Everybody out there is walking around staring at their phone. Pretty easy to just don a hoodie, hop on a bike, scope out a clueless victime checking facebook, ride by, grab...gone.
    Police: "Hey lady- you get a description of the guy?"
    victim: "Some guy with a hoodie-I only saw his back"

That's why there's such a push for the kill-switch technology that will wipe a phone and brick it if it's stolen.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast