MacBook Pro doesn't recognize my Lg g3 as a new device.

Victor Gurevich

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello.

I have: Lg G3 and MacBook Pro. When I plug in the phone to the Mac with the USB cable, it just doesn't recognize it at all.
I already installed driver and an app of Android File transfer. Nothing worked.
What to do???

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Leave the G3 plugged in and restart your MBP.

It's interesting Samsung seems to be the only android that has never gave me aproblem when connecting to my iMac.

IDK what happened, when I first got my G3 I didn't have to restart, ATF loaded up. Last year, the M7 & G2 worked out of the box but for some reason both the M8 & G3 doesn't work.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
When you plug in the G3, what shows up on your screen? Swipe down the notification shade, and where it asks which connection mode to use, make sure it's set to MTP, not PTP.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
You might have to restart the app or computer. If that doesn't work. You have to open up developer options and turn on the settings.

Posted via Android Central App

Crimzaelus

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s5 (samsung) and it didn't recognize it until i used android file transfer (application) on my macbook air....for those that haven't tried using that yet.

another way is to use dropbox. but there's a limit depending on your account.

anyway, i unlocked my s5, turned on debugging mode, and plugged it in via a usb cable and opened android file transfer on the macbook and it showed my phone and sd card storage.

ellyenne

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't work.
The reboot just loads AFT at boot (it becomes a login item). It still does not recognize my device:
LG G4 to MacBookPro running 10.7.5
BUT, when I use PHP on an iMac running Yos, it opens iPhoto and shows my gallery. That's not what I want, but it STILL does not load the MTP setup. What should it look like? I'm looking for a new drive to appear on my computer. All I get is the AFT window saying that there are no Android devices detected.

ellyenne

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Could you be more specific? WHAT SETTINGS? The Dev only has debugging settings that I could find.

And no, it does not work after this morning's update.
And no, it does not work after rebooting the computer with it connected as MTP.
It is not recognized by my 2008 MBP, or my mother's 2013 iMac.

Can I please just make my Droid2 faster? It at least worked.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Could you be more specific? WHAT SETTINGS? The Dev only has debugging settings that I could find.

And no, it does not work after this morning's update.
And no, it does not work after rebooting the computer with it connected as MTP.
It is not recognized by my 2008 MBP, or my mother's 2013 iMac.

Can I please just make my Droid2 faster? It at least worked.
Have you downloaded and installed Android File Transfer: https://www.android.com/intl/en_us/filetransfer/

If not, give that a try and let us know how it works.

ellyenne

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I've followed ALL the instructions. Downloaded ALL the drivers. So have a Verizon tech, LG tech and Apple genius. (sounds like the beginning of a bad joke). No one can get this to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7