LG G3, two months on...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
A couple of minor glitches, easily put right....Wonderful phone, zero regrets!

Posted via Android Central App

Philippe Pessotti

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Performance in games not as amazing as i'd hope, but idk I guess i can live with that. Battery life not as good as my G2. Other than that its an awesome phone!

oj330i

Feb 11, 2010
mobilechaos.blogspot.com
No wireless charging out of the box kinda sucks. Also the fact that there are no legit LG back covers except the circle case and PMA for AT&T. The other 3 carriers should have at least had back doors in stock when it released.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can blame LG for that... The international version has it... So I think it comes down to the carriers choice to omit it and not LG.

No wireless charging out of the box kinda sucks. Also the fact that there are no legit LG back covers except the circle case and PMA for AT&T. The other 3 carriers should have at least had back doors in stock when it released.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
It's a 2 dollar sticker at cost. I'm blaming LG. Carrier doesn't care

Of course they care. They make money on those Circle cases and Powermats. That's why they blocked it out of the box. They want everyone to buy lots of accessories from them. Same reason they took the earbuds and other accessories that come in the box for the rest of the world out for us. It's all about making as much money off of us as possible.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a 2 dollar sticker at cost. I'm blaming LG. Carrier doesn't care

Carrier does so care. Particularly AT&T, they had them rip out Qi and make it PMA-compatible. No one uses PMA, no one WOULD use it if AT&T didn't have a vested interest in promoting that over the Qi standard the rest of the world uses.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I will take the risk of getting shot down, but the G3 is providing me with a great user experience.

Two months+ on and i still have the same views when I posted my initial impressions.

The G3 could do with a tidy up sure but with software updates rolling out (unfortunately I decided to root so these are non applicable to me) it will be polished and be that near flawless device. However despite the fact I can't software update, I have nothing that is hindering my enjoyment.

Hope you all are still enjoying and to the ones that have had or having niggles, hope they get sorted.

As its fair to say overall Lg done a very decent job with the G3.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
As mentioned, my main reason for getting this phone was that I was coming from a Note 3 and it was just a little big.
Just could not get comfortable with the size, aside from that it was one of the best phones I've ever owned.
The G3 appeared to be the best lateral move but in a better package (size). Still had the large screen but was manageable in the hands (and pocket).
That being said, the wow factor of the G3 is all in the size and design for me. Perfect ergonomics, one hand capable and simply a nice looking phone (maybe the best looking phone out there). That's where the wow ends.... The QHD is ahead of it's time and seems to be more gimmick or attention grabber than anything else (bragging rights maybe?). Considering the negatives associated with it, almost seems like a waste to have gone that route when 1080p would have been just fine. As far as fluidity, we've seen there are plenty of conversations regarding this but when there are numerous threads here and other forums regarding "how to eliminate the lag" (example: [MOD] Without ROOT get rid of LAG on G3!!! | LG G3 | XDA Forum)....where there's smoke there's fire.
I think the QHD screen is the root of any problems that people are having (lag, overheating, etc.). LG could be sitting on top of the heap with the best phone...period...if they would have done one of two things; use a 1080p screen or waited and put in an 805 processor. The QHD is a power hog and some people are paying for that.
The good news, all of these phones are fast enough...I can live with a millisecond difference.
The G3 does most everything well, the Note 3 simply does everything well (except it's size and design, just ugly). The trade off is worth it and I am happy with G3.
It's funny when you look at all of the Flagship phones available right now, each one has there faults.
Strange they can't come up with one phone that does everything right (but then what we would talk about on the forums....)

Last edited:

HennersL

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Loving my G3 so far after nearly 4 weeks :)

A few niggles I have with it though include:
- Locked bootloader
- Often resorts to "No Signal" in my pocket after a while, doesn't establish mobile data connection on reconnect/startup
- Unreliable wireless charging
- Kinda mediocre sound quality when taking video
- Back cover flexes and creaks too much way too much for a flagship device

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11