Should I buy? I want to root to run android

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,
Been browsing the forums a bit,
quick question want all your opinions, good or bad,

Looking to buy this phone (somebody selling it for $300 Verizon)
I've been waiting for news on the Nexus 6, but I saw this offer for $300, I know it won't last, so
wanted your opinion.
Is it easy to root? I would like to run google now launcher and the ok google, that's my main gripes about it.

Should I swoop in on this deal?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Root is not needed to run the Google launcher. And if you want the voice commands to wake the device into Google Now, that is currently available without the Google launcher. The settings are in Google Now that allow the Ok Google voice command wake form the lock screen and or any screen if you choose.

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Ohhh okay, sorry for my misinformation, good to know thanks

Now if only i can get the seller to reply to me...

you think it's worth it or to wait for nexus 6? I know it's just rumours, but still...

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I recommend getting the ESN from the person and give Verizon a call to look it up. They will tell you if it's blacklisted or valid to activate.

And yes, rooting this phone is easy and I highly recommend it.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,
Been browsing the forums a bit,
quick question want all your opinions, good or bad,

Looking to buy this phone (somebody selling it for $300 Verizon)
I've been waiting for news on the Nexus 6, but I saw this offer for $300, I know it won't last, so
wanted your opinion.
Is it easy to root? I would like to run google now launcher and the ok google, that's my main gripes about it.

Should I swoop in on this deal?
Getting the LG G3 for $300 is a steal, but be careful.

And you could play the waiting game forever, just go for it. But like I said, be careful.

However LG has a pretty bad track record for updates so you may need to root it in an year and install a Custom ROM or something to get the latest OS, but it's all good right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
However LG has a pretty bad track record for updates so you may need to root it in an year and install a Custom ROM or something to get the latest OS, but it's all good right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Prety bad? They will upgrade the g2 for Android L!

I wouldn't call it bad - it's better like any other smartphone serie right now. That's why I bought it instead of a Nexus device.

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I recommend getting the ESN from the person and give Verizon a call to look it up. They will tell you if it's blacklisted or valid to activate.

And yes, rooting this phone is easy and I highly recommend it.
This... And if the seller refuses, there is a high probability that it's stolen.