How's outdoor viewing?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey g3 owners. I use my phone as a GPS on the golf course and was wondering how the screen brightness is outside? I have a nexus 5 and it works great. Had an s3 before and it was terrible. How does the g3 show?

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No problems with outdoor stuff for me. Should be OK.

Mav. :cool:

P.S. Steelers gonna beat up those Giants tonight. ;)

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm outside right now and its sunny and absolutely no issues whatsoever !

I really hope Haley & Big Ben can finally click together.

ynygynyz.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I had mine at 60% in the sun yesterday and was able to text without any issues. I swear some people on this site have terrible eyes.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm an archaeologist and I use my phone outside all the time. The Note 3's screen brightness outside left a lot to be desired. I have no problems seeing the screen on the LG G3 outside.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm an archaeologist and I use my phone outside all the time. The Note 3's screen brightness outside left a lot to be desired. I have no problems seeing the screen on the LG G3 outside.

Interesting. Thank you. I am or was actually planning on waiting to see what the Note 4 brings. But those Samsung screens look great inside and are terrible outside! Maybe I'll ditch that idea and go with the g3 right now...

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
No problems with outdoor stuff for me. Should be OK.

P.S. Steelers gonna beat up those Giants tonight. ;)

Lol. Yeah right. So long as the Giants O line holds up, you guys are in trouble! We added a ton of talent this off-season.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Yeah right. So long as the Giants O line holds up, you guys are in trouble! We added a ton of talent this off-season.
Coach Tomlin said he does not "play to win" in the pre-season, just evaluate.
I am just glad the NFL is back. :) :)

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Coach Tomlin said he does not "play to win" in the pre-season, just evaluate.
I am just glad the NFL is back. :) :)

I can't tell you how excited I am for football season to get started. No other league comes close to that level of entertainment.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been wondering why they don't multicoat the glass to reduce reflections from the sky etc....perhaps it would interfere with touch.

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Had mine out side have not had an issue. May need to do 70% or more. GPS was good.

rockets95

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been very happy with the screen viewing outside on my G3 so far. I keep it at around 60% and don't have any problem reading it, even with sunglasses on.

I came from a Moto X and that was terrible outside. One of the main reasons I got rid of it.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Outdoor viewing is very poor. The screen looks even more grayed out than it does indoors and you see your reflection in the screen instead of what's inside the screen.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Outdoor viewing is very poor. The screen looks even more grayed out than it does indoors and you see your reflection in the screen instead of what's inside the screen.

I get I new phone every year and I can't remember one that I would consider good in sunlight. The G3 is above average.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I get I new phone every year and I can't remember one that I would consider good in sunlight. The G3 is above average.

Agreed in terms of most phones not being excellent in sunlight, but some are better than others and some are good enough.

My galaxy S3 was terrible, Nexus 4 and 5 were acceptable (the 5 being most acceptable) my Nexus 7 2012 is not great, but better than the s3.

It sounds like, from most comments, that the g3 is acceptable outside.

Can anyone comment on how it compares to a Nexus 5 in outdoor viewing on a bright day?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2