Dual Charger Experience

tdc_worm

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with something like the dual chargers on ebay (item # 161385815088)....the forum wont let me post links yet....

Seems like a decent setup that may allow you to charge with a slim case on while also charging a spare battery.

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I picked one of these up on Amazon. As another poster noted, it's not well balanced and the phone feels like it could easily tip it (and the base) over. I don't recommend it.

tdc_worm

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Ha, I pulled the trigger before you guys were able to respond. I thought the same thing about it looking a bit unstable...but in the same breath I tought it isnt anything that a little double sided tape wont solve easily and seamlessly. my major concern is will it really allow the charging of the phone without having to remove my slim case...

wkisse

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I purchased one and am using a slim rubber case. Removed the spacer at the back of the charger. Phone fits snugly and securely. When inserting the phone, put the bottom in first with the top tilted towards you at about 15 degrees. I don't perceive excess stress on the connectors. The spare battery appears to "slow" charge by itself, when inserting the phone appears to "fast charge" the phone. FYI I observed 850 ma at 4.9V when "fast" charging the phone.

tdc_worm

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
just an update on the cradle:
1) the way the usb charger plugs in to the back of the cradle, the cord provides additional fore/aft stability. in addition to the fact that it is nearly 4" wide, there is zero need to be concerned about the cradle flipping over...its actually rather stable.
2) the backrest of the cradle ensures that there is zero stress on the micro usb connector.
3) the "ultra thin" Nillkin border case is not svelte enough to fit in the cradle, even with the insert removed.

i havent charged a spare battery yet in the cradle...i will probably buy one soon enough, but in the meantime, i just leave a USB charger plugged in to the active USB port on my computer to give the phone little spurts of juice here and there to get me through full travel/work days.