G3...What Will Beat It?

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
M8 and S5 came before the G3 so although those two devices are overall better user experiences than the G3, the OP was asking about FUTURE devices.

I agree as the G3 is the cutting for smart phones but the next big thing is right around the corner.

Posted via Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
A purely subjective term "beat" in this arena. Anyone that buys anything else knowing that the G3 exists clearly thinks that what they purchased "beats" the G3.
People are still buying the S5, iPhone 5S, etc. in droves as we speak....Some of these people are as fanatical about their phone just like many of our G3 brethren and truthfully and rightfully believe their phone beats yours. Why, because it's their opinion, choice and money.
Technically speaking, the specs of everything "new" will probably surpass the G3; that's what happens in this market. The Note 4, Nexus 6 will probably be beasts and in some ways "out spec" the G3. But that's OK, I'm most certain that the G4 will give those 2 a swift kick when it's released.

Last edited by a moderator:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the current pound for pound winner is the G2 actually. Simply because it's very nice and you can get them for damn near free.

Then you have the G3, M8, S5, Z2, N5, Note 3......

Take your pick, they all have their ups and downs

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Specwise the Note 4 will probably beat the G3 with 805 Snapdragon this year, and it too will have a quad hd display. For those that kept critisizing the LG's quad hd, they may be happy with samsungs quad hd in oversaturated amoled goodness :)

Not offered in the US, I like the Lenovo's Vibe Z2 with impressive specs and love the idea of 4000 mah battery.
Lenovo's new flagship features Quad HD screen, metal body and huge battery

Only problem with those phones are that they are bigger than the G3 and the G3 is the absolute max I want to go... I do not want to own a phablet. And I consider the G3 just outside that category (IMO). Love the G3 but at times I still play with my G2 sitting on my desk and really like difference a millimeter or two width less feels in hand and still love the screen even if 1080p. Gimme a G3 Compact!

Gimme the latest spec with at least a 4000mah battery, 16mp camera and minimum 1080p screen no bigger than G2 dimensions and maybe preferrably 4.8" to 5" size and that will probably be my next phone. If it says LG, all the better.

This one is pretty close... Sony Xperia Z3 compact.
A bunch of Sony Xperia Z3 Compact images leak - GSMArena.com news

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
As others have said whAt beats what basically comes down to user preferences. There is always specs bt we all know even the best specs can be a fail If implemented poorly.
Each person has their own idea of a perfect device. That's what makes the experience all the better for us all.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Whatever beats it for me will definitely not be a device from Samsung. After the constant headache and poor support I received with the galaxy nexus I will never purchase another Samsung device. I would switch to an iPhone before I would purchase another Samsung device.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Let's look into the slightly more distant future...qubits and qubytes. Will quantum computing technology find its way into phones fairly soon?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
For some people whatever is new is the one to have. Just sit back and wait, when the note 4 comes out we will be reading posts from people that picked that up and are selling their g3. Saying how much better the note 4 is, that is until the next new phone comes out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. Unless hTc, Samsung and/or Sony can match what LG did with the display. Not the 2K but squeezing 5.5".

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I personally think this as well. The next thing to come will be the fight of " how it feels in the hand" and how "easy it is to turn off and on" One thing the G3 has over the others is I don't have to fuss if I can reach the power button, only one close is Samsung because they still have a physical home button.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I see the Note 4 pictures have been leaked today. Looks interesting, minimal bezels.

Yes it looks if accurate to be a slick device and the Note Edge sounds interesting if the latter will be made available outwith Korea.

Still the G3's design is one that I like a lot :)

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes it looks if accurate to be a slick device and the Note Edge sounds interesting if the latter will be made available outwith Korea.

Still the G3's design is one that I like a lot :)

I agree, the G3 design is great the new Note4 leaks don't look better.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
LOL, let's get the 64bit Android processors first.

I guess I just MAY be thinking too far ahead with the quantum stuff. I was also going to suggest cerebral and body implants working in conjunction with headgear and virtual reality stuff but its JUST possible I may be thinking a TAD too far ahead there too.🐢😶

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree, the G3 design is great the new Note4 leaks don't look better.

If accurate it looks a better attempt at redesign and one that I like.

But I like the design of the G3 and its one that in my opinion will take some beating. 5.5" in this frame I say dam its curvy and mmm like sugar and spice and all things nice :)

GunmetalR56

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For the rest of 2014 (for me personally) the Note 4 is the only phone that could... if it ships with the 805. Today's leaked N4 images don't have me drooling in regards to form factor however...I'd still say the G3 looks nicer.

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
For the rest of 2014 (for me personally) the Note 4 is the only phone that could... if it ships with the 805. Today's leaked N4 images don't have me drooling in regards to form factor however...I'd still say the G3 looks nicer.

The G3 prime with 805 SOC is being launched in Europe next month and perhaps worldwide. If it provides the performance bump expected I'd probably take that over the Note 4. That's assuming the Note 4 leaks today are accurate.Although im sure I read about a curved Note 4 also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo