Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G3...What Will Beat It?

The G3 has caused a lot of discussion in this forum since before it became available. Most owners I bet now love it. What future device will match or beat it? S6? Z3? G4?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: G3...What Will Beat It?

Some would argue the M8 and S5 beat it already. Which phone is best really depends on the individual. But it seems likely that the next generation of phones from all the major manufacturers will offer superior performance, battery life, and features, even if only slightly.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Thanked by 2:
    VidJunky likes this.

There is only different and some have it beat by the S5 or M8 or Z2 or Oppo ect ect..

I think the Note 4 will most certainly be a great device and one that may get heads turning as Samsung needs it to be stellar so this may challenge certain aspects.

But for some they won't shift from their likes of the G3 and yeh why should they.

Not sure where this thread will go though hmmm lol

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    There is only different and some have it beat by the S5 or M8 or Z2 or Oppo ect ect..

I think the Note 4 will most certainly be a great device and one that may get heads turning as Samsung needs it to be stellar so this may challenge certain aspects.

But for some they won't shift from their likes of the G3 and yeh why should they.

Not sure where this thread will go though hmmm lol

Samsung really need to get it right with the Note 4, they've fallen so much with the Galaxy series. The Note 4 could be an absolute beast. Didn't they sack their head of design after the S5 hopefully the new guy is doing the Note 4. After that, this year the Nexus 6 should be great.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well, take the 1440p display. The other manufacturers are going to use them but that will only bring them up to the level of LG, who will have been doing it for months by that time.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    Samsung really need to get it right with the Note 4, they've fallen so much with the Galaxy series. The Note 4 could be an absolute beast. Didn't they sack their head of design after the S5 hopefully the new guy is doing the Note 4. After that, this year the Nexus 6 should be great.
    Yes the Note 4 does look seriously good from the specs that are available and I'd be very tempted but isn't the price going to be astronomical?

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Well, take the 1440p display. The other manufacturers are going to use them but that will only bring them up to the level of LG, who will have been doing it for months by that time.

One must remember 1440 super amoled and some believe this to be the holy grail of screen technology lol jokes aside the Note 4 will be great and have some interesting features no doubt ;-P

Thanked by:

Nothing. Unless hTc, Samsung and/or Sony can match what LG did with the display. Not the 2K but squeezing 5.5".

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    Thanked by 3:

Yes the Note 4 does look seriously good from the specs that are available and I'd be very tempted but isn't the price going to be astronomical?

Between £550-600 I believe. The M8 is currently around £530 whilst the G3 has had a price cut and is around £450 in the Carphone Warehouse UK.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Some would argue the M8 and S5 beat it already. Which phone is best really depends on the individual. But it seems likely that the next generation of phones from all the major manufacturers will offer superior performance, battery life, and features, even if only slightly.
    G3 is the best phone on the market as of now.

Thanked by:
    GrooveRite and llfloyd79 like this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    One must remember 1440 super amoled and some believe this to be the holy grail of screen technology lol jokes aside the Note 4 will be great and have some interesting features no doubt ;-P

I looked closely at a Note 3 in a store recently, full brightness it's true, specially vivid-colour demo video it's true, but I was very very impressed....and that with 380ppi or whatever. Note 4 should be fantastic.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

A number of phones recently have proved that people are happy with big, at least the high-end devices. Think what could be done with the battery for example if people are happy to go a bit bigger still.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    Between £550-600 I believe. The M8 is currently around £530 whilst the G3 has had a price cut and is around £450 in the Carphone Warehouse UK.
    You're right it seems to have come down...I read somewhere some time ago about £750.

My next phone will be LG G4.

Mav.

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
    mhunter6378 and belodion like this.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Absolutely nothing on the market as of now will beat this phone. And, I see nothing in the rumor mill that has a better phone in mind. Samsung can't match LG's reception so the Note 4 may have impressive specs but will still get the same crappy reception.

Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
    Thanked by 2:

You're right it seems to have come down...I read somewhere some time ago about £750.

£750 for the Note4? I don't think Samsung would be that stupid,it would be suicide. Read an article last week that said it would be at most £600 but most likely around £550. Any higher than that and they'll price themselves out of the market.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    M8 and S5 came before the G3 so although those two devices are overall better user experiences than the G3, the OP was asking about FUTURE devices.
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    M8 and S5 came before the G3 so although those two devices are overall better user experiences than the G3, the OP was asking about FUTURE devices.
    Yes, the near future, the devices that have preferably got to beat the G3 from the manufacturers' point of view. The M8 and S5 may actually be better phones overall for all I know, but their manufacturers will feel they'll have to offer something new to compete.

Of course we've been thinking Android but if I were Mr Apple or Mr Window I'd be working very hard right now to think of a quantum leap in OS and devices that might close the gap with Google, but that if it happens would have to be in the more distant future.

The rumor mill has both Moto X+1 and the Sony Z3 coming with the same 801 chip and 1080p screens. So not these two.
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by rog152 View Post
    The rumor mill has both Moto X+1 and the Sony Z3 coming with the same 801 chip and 1080p screens. So not these two.
    That's a surprise and slight disappointment if true. But in truth 1080p can be superb so perhaps they'll be relying on some other feature.

Thanks to all for responses it's very late where I am so I must do some eye-shutting.

Quote Originally Posted by doggy2965 View Post
    G3 is the best phone on the market as of now.

I'm tempted to agree, but this is an opinion, not an objective fact. Some will disagree with you.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    I agree as the G3 is the cutting for smart phones but the next big thing is right around the corner.

A purely subjective term "beat" in this arena. Anyone that buys anything else knowing that the G3 exists clearly thinks that what they purchased "beats" the G3.
    People are still buying the S5, iPhone 5S, etc. in droves as we speak....Some of these people are as fanatical about their phone just like many of our G3 brethren and truthfully and rightfully believe their phone beats yours. Why, because it's their opinion, choice and money.
    Technically speaking, the specs of everything "new" will probably surpass the G3; that's what happens in this market. The Note 4, Nexus 6 will probably be beasts and in some ways "out spec" the G3. But that's OK, I'm most certain that the G4 will give those 2 a swift kick when it's released.
    Last edited by Darth Spock; 08-12-2014 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language removed by moderators
    frope01 likes this.

I think the current pound for pound winner is the G2 actually. Simply because it's very nice and you can get them for damn near free.

Then you have the G3, M8, S5, Z2, N5, Note 3......

Take your pick, they all have their ups and downs

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Specwise the Note 4 will probably beat the G3 with 805 Snapdragon this year, and it too will have a quad hd display. For those that kept critisizing the LG's quad hd, they may be happy with samsungs quad hd in oversaturated amoled goodness

Not offered in the US, I like the Lenovo's Vibe Z2 with impressive specs and love the idea of 4000 mah battery.
    Lenovo's new flagship features Quad HD screen, metal body and huge battery

Only problem with those phones are that they are bigger than the G3 and the G3 is the absolute max I want to go... I do not want to own a phablet. And I consider the G3 just outside that category (IMO). Love the G3 but at times I still play with my G2 sitting on my desk and really like difference a millimeter or two width less feels in hand and still love the screen even if 1080p. Gimme a G3 Compact!

Gimme the latest spec with at least a 4000mah battery, 16mp camera and minimum 1080p screen no bigger than G2 dimensions and maybe preferrably 4.8" to 5" size and that will probably be my next phone. If it says LG, all the better.

This one is pretty close... Sony Xperia Z3 compact.
    A bunch of Sony Xperia Z3 Compact images leak - GSMArena.com news
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast