Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree19Likes
  • 5 Post By Duncan1982
  • 2 Post By Duncan1982
  • 1 Post By Duncan1982
  • 1 Post By MC_A_DOT
  • 3 Post By WordPainter
  • 3 Post By GrooveRite
  • 1 Post By Duncan1982
  • 1 Post By xocomaox
  • 1 Post By GrooveRite
  • 1 Post By LeoRex
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Laser Autofocus

Well this is one feature I really enjoy about the G3.

As a hobbyist photographer this let's you get that quick focus needed for that crisp photo.

The app is basic but with the few features available it makes for a fantastic point and shoot.

Low light picture below....the PIC appears to show that it was lighter than it actually was.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Autofocus-23515.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Laser Autofocus

Enlarged :-)

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Autofocus-1407716454814.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    MC_A_DOT and belodion like this.

Yes, that laser focus, I took some close-up shots today, focus absolutely spot-on.

Thanks for a pleasant image at the end of the day, at least the end of the day for me. 😌

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Yes, that laser focus, I took some close-up shots today, focus absolutely spot-on.

Thanks for a pleasant image at the end of the day, at least the end of the day for me. 😌

Just something I find very useful and yes some may contest its functionality.

I'm not expert in this field but it appears to do the job very well and focuses very quickly indeed :-).

Yeh that pic was a open up camera app point and shoot, didn't expect it to come out as good as it did, being a quick snap and lowlight.

Yup end of night for me to, zzzzzz shortly :-)

belodion likes this.

Wow that's an amazing shot... I need to have a play with my camera during my birthday this weekend lol

Posted via my beast G3 through the Android Central App
    Duncan1982 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by MC_A_DOT View Post
    Wow that's an amazing shot... I need to have a play with my camera during my birthday this weekend lol

Posted via my beast G3 through the Android Central App
    Thanks as I said was just a point and shoot no real skill involved :-P

Such is the quality of the G3's shooter :+)

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

I love it too. This is my husband's birthday cake. The only light is from the candles. No flash.

Laser Autofocus-10418169_10152368954379032_4080269363503427439_n.jpg
    LG G3 (Shine Gold, Sprint)
    Netgear Zing (hotspot)
    iPad Air
    Galaxy Victory (Husband)
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Dell Lattitude 10 (Win 8)
    Thanked by 3:
    GrooveRite, MC_A_DOT and belodion like this.

Glad it works well! That is one feature the G3 has that I am jealous I don't have .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Glad it works well! That is one feature the G3 has that I am jealous I don't have .

Maybe you can speak nicely to you Gf to perhaps buy you a G3 for a birthday present or early Christmas perhaps :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Maybe you can speak nicely to you Gf to perhaps buy you a G3 for a birthday present or early Christmas perhaps :-p

We are both waiting to see what the Note 4 has... I'm also waiting to see the X + 1... Then I'll decide. She will either get the G3 or the Note 4. .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

There is a commercial that LG has that shows the person taking pictures just by tapping on the screen. Is there a way to do that because I have no idea how to do it on my device?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    There is a commercial that LG has that shows the person taking pictures just by tapping on the screen. Is there a way to do that because I have no idea how to do it on my device?
    You just hop into your camera app, three vertical dots just press that, the shutter and everything else will disappear.

Enabling you to tap to shoot :-)

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    You just hop into your camera app, three vertical dots just press that, the shutter and everything else will disappear.

Enabling you to tap to shoot :-)

You have no idea how much I was trying to figure this out last night, lol! Thanks buddy!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

You have no idea how much I was trying to figure this out last night, lol! Thanks buddy!
    No worries bud, sometimes you overlook the simplest of things lol

Enjoy :-)

Took this on the day of the super moon this past Sunday on the beach. Auto focus and HDR Auto.

Laser Autofocus-20140810_212706.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Autofocus-20140810_212706-1-.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Super moon, same settings :-)

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Autofocus-1407862845001.jpg  
    GrooveRite likes this.

Well.... the laser focus is such a great feature that I am surprised that it took so long for someone to put it in their phones. I guess there were other issues in play.... now that the sensors are starting to get a lot better and the quality of the top flight phones is at the point where they can compare to the point & shoot rigs that people USED to buy for heavy lifting, they could move on to other things... like laser focus and the mythical optical zoom (without the wicked huge telescoping lens that is).

But laser focusing is so much better than contrast detection. Before I read into the G3's stuff, I never really knew how the other cams focused and never really bothered to look into it though... what I DID know is that those cameras spent a lot of time hunting for focus. And sometimes I'd see my picture focus only to re-focus into a blurry shot. So now I know WHY they tweaked out on occasion.

So a direct measurement of range is awesome.

I do get a kick out of the fact that LG built the rig by using the laser range finder off an autonomous vacuum cleaner they had in their inventory.
    Thanked by:

That's funny. When I was in the Verizon store before I bought my G3, I was trying to figure out how to get the shutter button on as it seemed to have been set to "touch the screen" by default for taking pictures. This was annoying and I must have not seen the three dots at the time. (mesmerized by the beautiful 5.5" screen?)
    Thanked by:
    GrooveRite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    That's funny. When I was in the Verizon store before I bought my G3, I was trying to figure out how to get the shutter button on as it seemed to have been set to "touch the screen" by default for taking pictures. This was annoying and I must have not seen the three dots at the time. (mesmerized by the beautiful 5.5" screen?)
    Before today, I thought the 3 dots simply removed all the options from the screen, nothing more, lol! I would press it again because I thought , "How the HELL am I going to take a pic without the shutter button"?!? lol!
    Thanked by:
    belodion likes this.

Before today, I thought the 3 dots simply removed all the options from the screen, nothing more, lol! I would press it again because I thought , "How the HELL am I going to take a pic without the shutter button"?!? lol!
    Whomever coined the term 'foolproof'...
    GrooveRite likes this.

Took this on the day of the super moon this past Sunday on the beach. Auto focus and HDR Auto.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140810_212706.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	131836
    WOW