Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    838 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Benchmarks

    Word in the blogs say the G3 won't put up numbers as high as the M8 or S5 because of the 4K screen. I'd just like to clarify that Geekbench was the only odd test giving me a lower score. AnTuTu, Vellamo, and Quadrant Standard all put me at or about or above the M8 and S5.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    Word in the blogs say the G3 won't put up numbers as high as the M8 or S5 because of the 4K screen. I'd just like to clarify that Geekbench was the only odd test giving me a lower score. AnTuTu, Vellamo, and Quadrant Standard all put me at or about or above the M8 and S5.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Surely if you're using the same chip to power an HD screen vs a QHD screen then you're going to get lower scores on the QHD screen. The chip whatever way you look at it is having to work harder to produce the QHD display.

    Did you use Antutu X?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    838 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    Surely if you're using the same chip to power an HD screen vs a QHD screen then you're going to get lower scores on the QHD screen. The chip whatever way you look at it is having to work harder to produce the QHD display.

    Did you use Antutu X?
    No, not AnTuTu X. Just the others I mentioned that are as fast or faster than the S5 and M8.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    838 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    Vellamo

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Benchmarks-8065.jpg  
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    No, not AnTuTu X. Just the others I mentioned that are as fast or faster than the S5 and M8.

    Posted via Android Central App
    From what I understand, a lot of companies cheat Antutu. Antutu X is an attempt to stop companies cheating. I read somewhere that the G3 did something during Antutu to try and fake results can't remember what it was.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    I can't remember the last time I ran a benchmark....or even put stock into the results. I think it was the Samsung Galaxy S2 generation, which seems to be the last time benchmarks actually mattered. Now it is just all software optimization.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    838 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    From what I understand, a lot of companies cheat Antutu. Antutu X is an attempt to stop companies cheating. I read somewhere that the G3 did something during Antutu to try and fake results can't remember what it was.
    Samsung did the same thing with their S4 until 4.4.2 rolled out and the cheating stopped.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    838 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    AnTuTu not so good.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Benchmarks-8067.jpg  
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    838 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    Quadrant Standard

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Benchmarks-8069.jpg  
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    Samsung did the same thing with their S4 until 4.4.2 rolled out and the cheating stopped.

    Posted via Android Central App
    In my spare time(when I can be bothered) I build Roms for Chinese TV boxes. Some of the latest boxes slowed down certain parts of Antutu running 4.4.2 and gave results of 30000 when the real results were 24000. You will also get better Antutu results putting your phone in the fridge to begin with before you run it as that will cool down the phone and minimize any thermal throttling during the test. Give Antutu X with the G3, you might find a difference.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Murph5150's Avatar

    Posts
    838 Posts
    ROM
    Euroskank CM10

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    In my spare time(when I can be bothered) I build Roms for Chinese TV boxes. Some of the latest boxes slowed down certain parts of Antutu running 4.4.2 and gave results of 30000 when the real results were 24000. You will also get better Antutu results putting your phone in the fridge to begin with before you run it as that will cool down the phone and minimize any thermal throttling during the test. Give Antutu X with the G3, you might find a difference.
    What are the differences?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Benchmarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    What are the differences?

    Posted via Android Central App
    http://www.antutu.com/view.shtml?id=7242

Similar Threads

  1. Post Your AnTuTu Benchmark Score!
    By Greg C in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 01-25-2015, 05:27 AM
  2. One E8 benchmark points, how about yours?
    By ChinaOperatingSystem in forum HTC One (E8)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 10:44 PM
  3. Why Is the G3 Showing Low Benchmark Scores?
    By Murph5150 in forum LG G3
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 05:14 PM
  4. Highest Benchmarking Score?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 04:28 PM
  5. Antutu benchmark result
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 03:50 PM

Posting Permissions