Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Signal strength all over the place, should I be worried?

I am sitting at home watching my LG G3 go from 5 bars to 1 bar, up to 2, then 3 then back up to 5, it's basically totally erratic.

I went into the settings and watched the actual db numbers and recorded them over 60 seconds.

Lg g3

Jumps around between 1 bar and 5 bars constantly changing. Data connectivity comes and goes too.

I then switched sims into an old iPhone 4S and watched the same signal strength fr 60 seconds. It never moved from 4 bars and -84db

iPhone 4s

Solid 4 bars

Anyone know what's going on here, you think I have a bad device?

I am on Three Network in the UK.

Thanks
    Chris

Default Re: Signal strength all over the place, should I be worried?

Coincidentally I am on 3and my db sits around -110 whilst just about scraping H+ but with slow speeds. I am currently experiencing this in Liverpool but had no issues when in Glasgow last week.

Quote Originally Posted by carney198 View Post
    Coincidentally I am on 3and my db sits around -110 whilst just about scraping H+ but with slow speeds. I am currently experiencing this in Liverpool but had no issues when in Glasgow last week.
    Try heading north with your 3 network and you'll get no signal what so ever.

I was on 3 and travel loads with my job and nowhere in the north could I get any signal and even Inverness it was in and out.

So this obviously wasn't convenient for me.

Not to sure if its working in one device your iPhone 4s and scattered in the G3 then I would assume that it could be the G3 is defective.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm on O2 and have the similar issue with the LG G3. Swapped the handset for a replacement as I thought it was faulty but it's no better.

The signal is generally about 8-10 dbm worse than my iPhone and an galaxy S3 I've compared it too.

On my drive to work it completely drops out about 10 times, my old iphone 5 only dropped once on the 25 mile journey. Grrrr..... It's pretty irritating that such an otherwise great phone has such a fundamental flaw!

Posted via the Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have decided to return mine, I can't deal with the dropped calls. Such a shame as it was perfect otherwise.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

My G3 actually gets about 15 dBm lower signal than my Galaxy S4. I'm loving my reception!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.