Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Home screen keeps redwaring itself and phone is force quitting every single app in the background im

You can see how many apps I have running at the same time (0) and running processes. Except Facebook I have zero running processes in the background - besides of the stock processes.

I attached screenshot about my multi task and running app screen where you can see the same.

Any suggestions? Everything is closing immediately and even the home screen is redrawing itself. I don't know what could be the problem but it makes me super annoyed even though I love(d?) the phone.

Edit: Screen is redrawing even after closing the AC app after this post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home screen keeps redwaring itself and phone is force quitting every single app in the background im-1407863257321.jpg   Home screen keeps redwaring itself and phone is force quitting every single app in the background im-1407863244046.jpg  

Default Re: Home screen keeps redwaring itself and phone is force quitting every single app in the backgroun

Give it a durn good Cached Data clear and a Cache Partition wipe and see whether that fixes it.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Wikh View Post
    You can see how many apps I have running at the same time (0) and running processes. Except Facebook I have zero running processes in the background - besides of the stock processes.

I attached screenshot about my multi task and running app screen where you can see the same.

Any suggestions? Everything is closing immediately and even the home screen is redrawing itself. I don't know what could be the problem but it makes me super annoyed even though I love(d?) the phone.

Edit: Screen is redrawing even after closing the AC app after this post.
    I've seen this posed on other forums. Because the QHD needs more information to be held,it uses 600mb of RAM as video RAM. HD screens only use 250-300MB. The LG bloatware is also heavy on Ram. Because of this RAM is running out and apps are being closed in the background and redrawing.

If youre rooted download Kcontrol and look and the memory use and GPU use settings. You can see the 600mb of GPU ram being used.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Home screen keeps redwaring itself and phone is force quitting every single app in the backgroun

Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    I've seen this posed on other forums. Because the QHD needs more information to be held,it uses 600mb of RAM as video RAM. HD screens only use 250-300MB. The LG bloatware is also heavy on Ram. Because of this RAM is running out and apps are being closed in the background and redrawing.
    Thanks for the post!

But that means that every time when I press the home button ~5-10 seconds waiting is normal for a flagship phone? Same for changing apps? I doubt that this should be considered normal.

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

Disable bloat and reboot you will be fine. Also clearing all running apps usually helps.

OK, heres a screenshot from my M8 of GPU memory usage. Can someone post the G3 GPU memory usage of the G3 for comparison? The app is kcontrol.

Look at the difference in your memory usage of "settings" and mine. Yours is 71mb and mine is 20somethingmb. There's definitely a higher memory usage on the G3.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

What should I disable?

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Odd. I have a bunch of apps in the background as I don't believe in shutting them off and I never have a problem. Are you sure that is the cause.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

No I'm not but I don't have any other guess! That's why I'm asking for help to figure it out.

Edit: Any LG rep around here?

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

The redraw was really annoying to me as well and also had an issue where the wallpaper would redraw so I first disabled all the VZW bloat and that didn't help. After reading that it was probably the LG launcher, I installed Nova and have not had the horrible redraw issue since.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

So I should use another launcher and apps won't close that often and home screen won't be redrawn every now and then? Hmm.
    Any other suggestions? In like the stock launcher.

So I should use another launcher and apps won't close that often and home screen won't be redrawn every now and then? Hmm.
    Any other suggestions? In like the stock launcher.
    This G3 asks the user to make too many compromises in order to arrive at a decent user experience. It's one thing to change launchers because you just find another launcher more attractive or useful. But to have to change the launcher you might actually enjoy, to a different one in hopes of making a device perform the way it should with its native launcher? I don't think so. Unless the device is on sale for $49.99.

Oh but Nreeldeep, surely part of the enjoyment of owning a smartphone is in trying to understand their complexities and trying to fix any problems that occur? Users who want something simple and reliable can always choose a basic mobile phone.☺

Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    This G3 asks the user to make too many compromises in order to arrive at a decent user experience. It's one thing to change launchers because you just find another launcher more attractive or useful. But to have to change the launcher you might actually enjoy, to a different one in hopes of making a device perform the way it should with its native launcher? I don't think so. Unless the device is on sale for $49.99.
    You can't speak like all devices are the same, or you can but its sounds like you know it all when in fact you don't.

Mine for example is the 2/16gb variant and I am not experiencing any issues. I'm not trying to say the G3 is perfect by any means. However to outright say that the G3 as a whole is garbage is an incorrect statement.

I am using everything stock, the launcher, messaging ect and tbh haven't felt the need or desire to switch this.

If you want you can continue your crusade and spout the G3 is the worst phone ever to grave the market.

But from my experience its one of the best available along side the S5, M8, Oppo, ect and if not better in many regards.

I'll now leave you to it & I'll continue my enjoyment of the G3 :-)

Wikh likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Agree!

I still love my G3 - only want to figure out what could cause the problem I have? Now I'm using Nova and I didn't had the problem since then - but why do I have to do this so it won't redraw every now and then - it's a mystery for me.

Agree!

I still love my G3 - only want to figure out what could cause the problem I have? Now I'm using Nova and I didn't had the problem since then - but why do I have to do this so it won't redraw every now and then - it's a mystery for me.
    I posted the same last night. Why are some getting performance issues and some not? Would love to get some scientific testing on the go,that's why I have to buy another G3!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    I posted the same last night. Why are some getting performance issues and some not? Would love to get some scientific testing on the go,that's why I have to buy another G3!
    I agree! I haven't found any useful information so far.

Hi Wikh, can you tell me what model, carrier and software version you are on? Please clarify what you mean by your home screen redraws itself.^MA
    Thanked by:
    Wikh 
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    Hi Wikh, can you tell me what model, carrier and software version you are on? Please clarify what you mean by your home screen redraws itself.^MA
    Yay, thank you so much for the post!

I'm using a LG-D855 16gb version of the G3 - it's a European version and its carrier free. I have the latest update - v10g.

When I had apps open and closed them so I can go back to the home screen the home screen just started because it closed itself before. Its really strange and I could even understand it but I used one single app at a time and it still did the same! Clock, calendar, or the app of this forum. And as you can see I didn't had a lot of background processes in the background.

Since then I switched to Nova launcher and it seems it's not restarting (as often - at least) like the stock launcher.

But I would like to use the stock launcher without any problem as it supposed to work.

Apps are still tending to close almost immediately when I put them to the background - not 100% of them, but most of them. It can be a little bit annoying.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I'm using a LG-D855 16gb version of the G3 - it's a European version and its carrier free. I have the latest update - v10g.

When I had apps open and closed them so I can go back to the home screen the home screen just started because it closed itself before. Its really strange and I could even understand it but I used one single app at a time and it still did the same! Clock, calendar, or the app of this forum. And as you can see I didn't had a lot of background processes in the background.

Since then I switched to Nova launcher and it seems it's not restarting (as often - at least) like the stock launcher.

But I would like to use the stock launcher without any problem as it supposed to work.

Apps are still tending to close almost immediately when I put them to the background - not 100% of them, but most of them. It can be a little bit annoying.
    Bump: I still have the issue - am I the only one without any solution? I tried Nova - it was a little bit better only once or twice happened.
    Today I gave another shot to the stock launcher: happened 3 or 4 times within a few hours - not using any big apps like games or anything, only chrome or messaging.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

(Still love the phone but would be awesome to figure out what's happening )

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

I have the 3/32 version on Sprint and absolutely no problems whatsoever. I think you either have a memory hogging app or defective RAM. I've had no memory or redraw issues at all.

Please don't listen to Nreeldeep. He is a troll.
    LG G3 (Shine Gold, Sprint)
    Netgear Zing (hotspot)
    iPad Air
    Galaxy Victory (Husband)
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Dell Lattitude 10 (Win 8)

We want a video of the issue and we will pass along to appropriate team. Also if any others have the issue on a US variant we would like to get details and video as well. ^DT

Try going to developer options and see if the "dont keep activities" box is checked off

Posted via the Android Central App

Wikh? Where are you? How are you getting on with your phone?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast