Home screen keeps redwaring itself and phone is force quitting every single app in the background im

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
You can see how many apps I have running at the same time (0) and running processes. Except Facebook I have zero running processes in the background - besides of the stock processes.

I attached screenshot about my multi task and running app screen where you can see the same.

Any suggestions? Everything is closing immediately and even the home screen is redrawing itself. I don't know what could be the problem but it makes me super annoyed even though I love(d?) the phone.

Edit: Screen is redrawing even after closing the AC app after this post.

Attachments

• 1407863244046.jpg
    1407863244046.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 1407863257321.jpg
    1407863257321.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Give it a durn good Cached Data clear and a Cache Partition wipe and see whether that fixes it.

Posted via Android Central App

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
You can see how many apps I have running at the same time (0) and running processes. Except Facebook I have zero running processes in the background - besides of the stock processes.

I attached screenshot about my multi task and running app screen where you can see the same.

Any suggestions? Everything is closing immediately and even the home screen is redrawing itself. I don't know what could be the problem but it makes me super annoyed even though I love(d?) the phone.

Edit: Screen is redrawing even after closing the AC app after this post.
I've seen this posed on other forums. Because the QHD needs more information to be held,it uses 600mb of RAM as video RAM. HD screens only use 250-300MB. The LG bloatware is also heavy on Ram. Because of this RAM is running out and apps are being closed in the background and redrawing.

If youre rooted download Kcontrol and look and the memory use and GPU use settings. You can see the 600mb of GPU ram being used.

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I've seen this posed on other forums. Because the QHD needs more information to be held,it uses 600mb of RAM as video RAM. HD screens only use 250-300MB. The LG bloatware is also heavy on Ram. Because of this RAM is running out and apps are being closed in the background and redrawing.

Thanks for the post!

But that means that every time when I press the home button ~5-10 seconds waiting is normal for a flagship phone? Same for changing apps? I doubt that this should be considered normal. :(

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
OK, heres a screenshot from my M8 of GPU memory usage. Can someone post the G3 GPU memory usage of the G3 for comparison? The app is kcontrol.

74d0d8e1be8e0e558ba1814e4ac2463f.jpg

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Look at the difference in your memory usage of "settings" and mine. Yours is 71mb and mine is 20somethingmb. There's definitely a higher memory usage on the G3.
342211d17b0723797d3a897a6634c7ed.jpg

sbeil

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Odd. I have a bunch of apps in the background as I don't believe in shutting them off and I never have a problem. Are you sure that is the cause.

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
No I'm not but I don't have any other guess! That's why I'm asking for help to figure it out. :(

Edit: Any LG rep around here? :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

evan34

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
The redraw was really annoying to me as well and also had an issue where the wallpaper would redraw so I first disabled all the VZW bloat and that didn't help. After reading that it was probably the LG launcher, I installed Nova and have not had the horrible redraw issue since.

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
So I should use another launcher and apps won't close that often and home screen won't be redrawn every now and then? Hmm.
Any other suggestions? In like the stock launcher. :(

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So I should use another launcher and apps won't close that often and home screen won't be redrawn every now and then? Hmm.
Any other suggestions? In like the stock launcher. :(
This G3 asks the user to make too many compromises in order to arrive at a decent user experience. It's one thing to change launchers because you just find another launcher more attractive or useful. But to have to change the launcher you might actually enjoy, to a different one in hopes of making a device perform the way it should with its native launcher? I don't think so. Unless the device is on sale for $49.99.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh but Nreeldeep, surely part of the enjoyment of owning a smartphone is in trying to understand their complexities and trying to fix any problems that occur? Users who want something simple and reliable can always choose a basic mobile phone.☺

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
This G3 asks the user to make too many compromises in order to arrive at a decent user experience. It's one thing to change launchers because you just find another launcher more attractive or useful. But to have to change the launcher you might actually enjoy, to a different one in hopes of making a device perform the way it should with its native launcher? I don't think so. Unless the device is on sale for $49.99.

You can't speak like all devices are the same, or you can but its sounds like you know it all when in fact you don't.

Mine for example is the 2/16gb variant and I am not experiencing any issues. I'm not trying to say the G3 is perfect by any means. However to outright say that the G3 as a whole is garbage is an incorrect statement.

I am using everything stock, the launcher, messaging ect and tbh haven't felt the need or desire to switch this.

If you want you can continue your crusade and spout the G3 is the worst phone ever to grave the market.

But from my experience its one of the best available along side the S5, M8, Oppo, ect and if not better in many regards.

I'll now leave you to it & I'll continue my enjoyment of the G3 :)

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Agree!

I still love my G3 - only want to figure out what could cause the problem I have? Now I'm using Nova and I didn't had the problem since then - but why do I have to do this so it won't redraw every now and then - it's a mystery for me.

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Agree!

I still love my G3 - only want to figure out what could cause the problem I have? Now I'm using Nova and I didn't had the problem since then - but why do I have to do this so it won't redraw every now and then - it's a mystery for me.
I posted the same last night. Why are some getting performance issues and some not? Would love to get some scientific testing on the go,that's why I have to buy another G3!

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Wikh, can you tell me what model, carrier and software version you are on? Please clarify what you mean by your home screen redraws itself.^MA

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Wikh, can you tell me what model, carrier and software version you are on? Please clarify what you mean by your home screen redraws itself.^MA

Yay, thank you so much for the post!

I'm using a LG-D855 16gb version of the G3 - it's a European version and its carrier free. I have the latest update - v10g.

When I had apps open and closed them so I can go back to the home screen the home screen just started because it closed itself before. Its really strange and I could even understand it but I used one single app at a time and it still did the same! Clock, calendar, or the app of this forum. And as you can see I didn't had a lot of background processes in the background.

Since then I switched to Nova launcher and it seems it's not restarting (as often - at least) like the stock launcher.

But I would like to use the stock launcher without any problem as it supposed to work.

Apps are still tending to close almost immediately when I put them to the background - not 100% of them, but most of them. It can be a little bit annoying.