All Locked Up and Knockin' but it won't let me in....

melzer51

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
New to the Android world, I came from an Apple.
I can't seem to unlock my new G3 after setting a Knock Code. I did a very simple (3) point knock just to test it. It worked just fine to lock it up, but I've tried many times to duplicate my 'knock code' and it just will not unlock the G3. I did set the 4 digit unlock code as the G3 prompted 'just in case', but there is no keyboard access to enter the 4 digit unlock code.

Please help......thanks,

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and Android!
I don't know the answer myself, but I a, trying to get someone who might.

melzer51

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
After a few wrong attempts it should prompt you for the pin. Iirc

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

All LG documents and manuals indicate that after (5) unsuccessful attempts at 'knocking', you will be prompted for the 4 digit code.
I have made at least a dozen unsuccessful attempts at my 3 point 'knock' code and not once did I receive a prompt.

Very puzzling indeed.....

thanks for the response...I'm still trying

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, looks like I listed Kevin O'Quinn as the original poster. I'll get used to this forum after a few posts.

thanks....

Mel

(It's okay, replying with quote always comes up like that...it's referring to the quote poster not the threadstarting poster.)

Posted via Android Central App

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my phone and set up lockscreen knock code I had to wake the phone first and then unlock with the knock code. The double tap wakes the phone. If you have a lockscreen set then it wakes to the lockscreen then you unlock iirc. I don't have a lock set on my phone anymore because I got tired of the 2 stage process so it is just a double tap to open.

Steve/Boanerges Performance

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
When I first got my phone and set up lockscreen knock code I had to wake the phone first and then unlock with the knock code. The double tap wakes the phone. If you have a lockscreen set then it wakes to the lockscreen then you unlock iirc. I don't have a lock set on my phone anymore because I got tired of the 2 stage process so it is just a double tap to open.

You should definitely be able to just unlock it with the code you set up.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Just reset lock code to try and now is working as you have indicated. I must have been doing something wrong the first time.

Steve/Boanerges Performance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt