Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone use phone as GPS in car

My phones tend to overheat when I use a car dock attached to the windshield and the batteries drain pretty fast. I'm worried this phone might shut down in the sun. Anyone have experience with this?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Anyone use phone as GPS in car

I attach my phone to the dashboard near my radio so the sun does not directly hit it. So far it works great no real battery drain it actually charges while using the GPS.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy5111 View Post
    My phones tend to overheat when I use a car dock attached to the windshield and the batteries drain pretty fast. I'm worried this phone might shut down in the sun. Anyone have experience with this?

I have the same issue. I put my phone on my leg and drive. I think it's a combination of sunlight and the screen constantly staying on.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.

I used navigation yesterday, noticed it did get warm, but not sure from what. I had it plugged in and also noticed it was barely keeping it charged. I'm using a car charger that is 2.1 amp and it works fine on the other phones.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Get an air vent mount and run the air conditioner while it's charging. Keeps it cool while you use it. I run gps and use bluetooth streaming to listen to podcasts on the way to work and keep it plugged in to charge it too. Works like a champ.

My other phones do all that without having to rig it to work. G3 phone is good phone, but like all phones, it has issues to work around

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk