- 4 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
NOT SWITCHING BETWEEN WiFi Routers
I have a main router (Cisco E2000) and a Ubiquiti AP WAP integrated 70 feet away from the E2000. The apple iPhone 4s I used to carry switched wonderfully between these two (I think based on signal strength). With the G3 I'm having to manually connect between the two connections to get the best signal and speed. Is there a setting to make this happen automatically?
- 08-13-2014, 11:07 AM #2
Re: NOT SWITCHING BETWEEN WiFi Routers
I was looking for this setting as well, and unfortunately I haven't found it yet. I came from a BlackBerry 10 which had a feature called "Inter-Access Point Handover" and always looks for the stronger signal when the SSID is the same.
I too have two APs in my home, as it is quite large, both have the same SSID but are on different channels. When I walk from AP1 to AP2, even when I'm right next to AP2 it won't connect to it automatically, and only would if it loses the connection compleletely from AP1.
I'm hopeful it is just a software/driver issue. I know laptops have that feature as well, at least with Intel chipsets.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-21-2015, 03:35 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-15-2014, 01:19 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 12:51 PM
- By polxyz in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:41 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 12:49 AM