Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped." message, please help!

Hi,

On my LG G3, camera displays the unfortunately camera has stopped message. I cannot access the camera using this application nor through any 3rd party applications. I can however access the front facing camera using snapchat but not the rear. I have tried the method of clearing cached, data then force stop it and reboot. This does not solve the problem. I have also rebooted the phone in safe mode to determine if it was interference from any 3rd party applications however even in safe mode I got the message, which leads me to think maybe a hardware problem. Can anyone offer some advice?? The device is not rooted. I go on holiday next week and was looking forward to taking some good pictures with it too!

Regards

Ajay

Default Re: "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped." message, please help!

Have you had any OTA updates yet? They might just possibly fix it if this is a general G3 problem...though I haven't heard that it is.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I think I did actually, maybe if I factory reset and choose not to update the software?

So you think an update may have caused it? Before considering Factory Resetting, try wiping the Cache Partition. I don't think it's likely to work but it's harmless enough and worth a try. It does sound as if it may be a hardware problem though.

Edit. I've discovered that Cache Partition wipe is not, or at least easily, an option on the G3...apologies.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by belodion; 09-07-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Guys, hard reset doesn't work either.
    I'm thinking I'll have to get it replaced. Such a nice phone too.

I have a very similar problem with mine (see thread Unfortunately, camera has stopped), however I am able to install a 3rd party app (Google camera), and am able to still use it.

I was wondering myself if a recent update may have screwed ths ... but not sure how to check

Seems like there may be a problem, look at number 7

8 Common problems with the LG G3 and how to fix them

I'm having same issue. Camera won't work even with 3rd party app. Gonna just get it replaced. From what I've heard, the remanufactured phones go thru a better inspection process than the brand new ones...guess I'll be finding out.

Posted via the Android Central App