My G3 is a mess

ihatevz1234

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi all I need some serious help....

First problem is speaker phone. When I use it everyone on the other line tells me they hear a echo and its impossible to have a conversation. I have gone through 3 G3's already and I still have this problem. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Second Bluetooth. When I connect to the car half the times it sounds like a robot when you try to talk to someone. I drive a chrysler 200 2013 I came from the Note 2 and had no problems. Verizon is clueless how to fix this problem. Anyone else out there experiencing this?

Last is the newest problem. My camera is stuck in landscape mode. Actually when I turn auto rotation on the phone doesn't even move when I turn it on the side. I just did a factory rest and it still doesn't work. I am so frustrated because I spent full retail of course to keep my unlimited data on VERIZON which sucks. I would love to trade with someone who has ATT unlimited.

If anyone can help me with any of my problems that would be amazing.

Thanks all

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Did you turn off the rotation toggle by mistake? Being that you're on your 4th G3 when is it pertinent to ask the question, "what's the problem here, the phone or the user?"

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
On the echo problem, you didn't elaborate, are they hearing themselves echo. Last time I had that happen it was because I had the volume turned up to high. Just a idea.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

ihatevz1234

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Turns out my phone is actually broken. The phone wont calibrate and when I downloaded a construction level to see if that would work. The level was completely off. Hopefully after my new phone comes all my problems will be solved.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Turns out my phone is actually broken. The phone wont calibrate and when I downloaded a construction level to see if that would work. The level was completely off. Hopefully after my new phone comes all my problems will be solved.

So what was wrong with the previous 3?

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
As far as the speakerphone thing .. I posted this very same question here and people didnt seem to know what i was talking about. I googled "LG G3 Speakerphone Echo" and found my way into a T-Mobile G3 thread on XDA ... The problem is people on the receiving end of a call from our (those of us with this problem) G3's hear echoes when we have them on speakerphone. In my experience the echoes are sometimes faint and tolerable and sometimes they are bad enough to force me to use my headphones or pick the phone up to my ear. Im on Verizon as well and that is T-Mobile thread i found and if my memory is correct there was either a Sprint or AT&T G3 owner in there as well so its not just a few phones or one carrier. I still havent found a definite cause or solution for this.

Brooklyn_Juice

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay about the Echoing issue. Do you have a case on the device, or is the device laying on a surface that may perhaps be reverberating back to the device? I find that most devices whatever noise cancellation that it has doesn't work well in closed in areas or when the device is in a place like a cup holder or covered.

Next with the Bluetooth issue. I mean you car is pretty much a late model so it should be working. The G3 is using BT4.0, not sure what your car is using. There maybe some compatibility issues there but don't hold me to that.

Landscape mode issues. Okay this one I may be a little more help than the previous. The G3 is equipped with a Gyroscope and every now and then this gyroscope get thrown off sometimes by magnets, magnetic fields, setting your device next to an operating microwave as well as a host of other reasons. There is a feature on most late model phones that allow you to recalibrate the gyroscope to your phone while with other phones performing a figure 8 motion (with the phone in hand) at any point while on any screen will also recalibrate the devices Gyroscope.

When in doubt and as a last resort, always do a hard-reset of your device. Bringing any Android phone back to an "out-of-box state" is usually a sure shot way to correct most issues. If that doesn't work, most carriers will do a warranty exchange for the device. Because the device is pretty new, its possible that they may only have New devices and not refurbs. So you could luck up and get a new device.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your G3 and sorry for being so long winded! LOL

ihatevz1234

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
The speakerphone issue is still a issue. Everytime I use it and turn up the volume people say the echo is awful. So I need to bring the volume half way down... But now I can't hear a thing. The bluetooth is a no more with this phone. It turned out that the gyroscope was completely messed up. When I tried to reconfigure it I keep getting a message saying try again later. I downloaded a "level" app and laid it on a flat surface.... it basically read that my table was upside. All you people saying there is nothing wrong I would love for you all to call me and see how terrible the echo is. The phone is still impossible to use.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante