Amy Schwarz

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone on here using Tasker? I bought it and I have a few specific things I want but I'm LOST in figuring this out.. 😣 Looking for some help! Lol

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

nickc122

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Tasker has a big learning curve but can revolutionize how you use your phone when you get going with it. I started about a year ago with those guides that rodney posted and I'm still coming up with new ideas for it. Keep with it and you'll love it! Just don't expect it to be easy right away.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... It's pretty tricky at first. Read the tutorials and then go look at some examples. Just keep at it. Eventually, it'll click and all make sense.

Whenever someone asks about automation apps, I usually recommend they try it out Llama first. Much easier to use and nearly as powerful... Once you get the logic down, learning Tasker is a little easier.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Almost impossible to tell someone how... As the guys have said, play with it, practice, it's hands down one of the best apps available.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's why the example profiles are good.... it kind of clues you into how Tasker does it's thing. As powerful as it is, the formatting of the profiles and tasks in Tasker is pretty messed up.

As I mentoined before, if someone was looking to start delving into the world of automation, I'd point them to Llama instead. I've used both, and now use Tasker as it allowed for certain functions that needed the extra complexity, but for the basics and intermediate stuff, Llama is awesome.

Oh.... look into Secure Setttings either way. It allows Tasker to reach a little deeper into Android and control more. There are certain features that Tasker can't get into due to security limitations.... using Secure Settings as a plugin lets Tasker into those areas.