How are you reading the signal strength.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been pulling my hair out on the g3 and note 3 comparing signal. I've been making the mistake of looking at the bars, which I should have known better.

Sitting in motel room and had time to actually compare the 2. The g3 was constantly showing 3 bars hitting 4 here and there. The note 3 was showing 1 to 2 bars, I was like wow the g3 is kicking the note 3 in signal. So I downloaded a couple apps that rated good that show the DBm. I can tell you that the bars don't show accurate on the g3, both phones were showing bad signal. Note 3 was -94 to -99. The g3 was -102 to -107.

Both would make and receive calls, and both bounced between 4g and 3g for data, mostly 4g.

So in conclusion, don't go by the bars, if you do I would say the note 3 displays the bars more accurate.

I will also say I think the g3 might hold 4g data better, still testing that. I'm not hating the g3, I think it's a good phone, but I think the bars are giving some a false reading. and by the way I've tested this on 2 g3 phones Dane results.

End of story, I think both phones compare similar on signal except the g3 seems to hold 4g data better at the moment, sitting here in room both are holding 4g, traveling g3 seems to hold it better.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The other thing to consider is, even the same phone on the same network might not show the exact same signal too.