Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen touch issues.

Anyone else having weird screen issues. Sometimes when I'm scrolling it will click on something and sometimes when I try to press near the edge or bottom of the screen it doesn't register for a few presses. I've had the otter box defender on it since day one. Don't really want to risk a scratch until my tempered glass screen cover comes in. I'm hoping it's just the otterbox. Anyone with the defender having the same issues or without? Some input would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Screen touch issues.

If you use a really light touch when scrolling, it might register a scrolling gesture as a tap if the finger briefly comes off the glass. Try a firmer touch.

I agree with B. Diddly that you should try a firmer touch. Very light touches will often result in a none intended result especially when trying to scroll. The screen protector of the Otterbox may also be adding to your issue. I use the Otterbox as well. I use them on all my phones but I always remove the screen protector from them and apply a better one directly to the screen. I have never liked the feel of the attached Otterbox screen protector and the little bit of separation between it and the actual screen of the phone was always a negative for me.

The G3 definitely has some screen issues but they are random never consistent on my G3. This issue and the slow native email are the only two issues I have with the G3 so far.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

The only issues I have noticed is that when I try and use my cloth to wipe the screen clean it seems to always turn on like it is very sensitive. I know my g2 did not do that I could take my cloth and wipe till my heart was content and it would not turn the screen on. But other then that one thing I have had no other issues with the screen not responding to my touches but I always(like Diddy said) use a firm touch.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm typically a light touch scroller and it does this for me. I use quick memo to see if its missing any touch registrations. Sometimes it does and when I push down firmer it finds me just fine.

However when I turn off and on the screen when it has a problem I can go back to my soft touch method which is more natural for me.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Your neighborhood tech enthusiast