Screen Brightness AUTO DARKENS when watching a video??? HELP!

eunesh

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Very oddly, whenever I watch a video in the stock Gallery app, including the sample 2K videos, It reduces the brightness signficantly. The regular screen brightness is turned to 100%, but just when watching the video, it goes to like 10% or so. As soon as I exit the video, or even slide down the notification bar, it is back to by 100% user set brightness. No, Auto-Brightness is not on.

AT&T LG G3 if that made any difference. HELP PLEASE!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Very oddly, whenever I watch a video in the stock Gallery app, including the sample 2K videos, It reduces the brightness signficantly. The regular screen brightness is turned to 100%, but just when watching the video, it goes to like 10% or so. As soon as I exit the video, or even slide down the notification bar, it is back to by 100% user set brightness. No, Auto-Brightness is not on.

Sounds to me like whatever video app you're using its brightness is set to a lower value. Try going in the settings of that app when you are in it and reset the value to your liking.

eunesh

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Sounds to me like whatever video app you're using its brightness is set to a lower value. Try going in the settings of that app when you are in it and reset the value to your liking.

That's very annoying, but thank you. I'm very unsure why it can't just use the current brightness I'm on?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
On the G2, while watching a gallery video, if you hit menu then open the settings there is a setting for the brightness. I'd guess it's very similar on G3 though I don't have one to say for sure.

Posted via Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

With the stock video app - Just touch the left side of the screen and slide your finger up to raise the brightness. BTW if you touch the right side of the screen and slide your finger up or down it will adjust the volume.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
With the stock video app - Just touch the left side of the screen and slide your finger up to raise the brightness. BTW if you touch the right side of the screen and slide your finger up or down it will adjust the volume.
You rock... Here I was thinking that they messed up the brightness on purpose.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You rock... Here I was thinking that they messed up the brightness on purpose.

It's really nice to have those controls right there on screen. Only thing is the controls are hidden, unless you touch the screen in the right place you'd never know that they are there.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Same here.

sarasotalyfe

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! You are awesome. This still a relevant issue in the G4, the auto brightness was set to 28% on my device. I couldn't see a dang thing till I read your post and was able to change it. I think LG had good intention having a feature that you can set the brightness level different when you watch a video versus the system brightness but the fact that it was hard to find and set so low automatically made it an inconvenience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown