Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  • 1 Post By maskedcarrot
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Exclamation Screen Brightness AUTO DARKENS when watching a video??? HELP!

Very oddly, whenever I watch a video in the stock Gallery app, including the sample 2K videos, It reduces the brightness signficantly. The regular screen brightness is turned to 100%, but just when watching the video, it goes to like 10% or so. As soon as I exit the video, or even slide down the notification bar, it is back to by 100% user set brightness. No, Auto-Brightness is not on.

AT&T LG G3 if that made any difference. HELP PLEASE!

Default Re: Screen Brightness AUTO DARKENS when watching a video??? HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by eunesh View Post
    Very oddly, whenever I watch a video in the stock Gallery app, including the sample 2K videos, It reduces the brightness signficantly. The regular screen brightness is turned to 100%, but just when watching the video, it goes to like 10% or so. As soon as I exit the video, or even slide down the notification bar, it is back to by 100% user set brightness. No, Auto-Brightness is not on.

Sounds to me like whatever video app you're using its brightness is set to a lower value. Try going in the settings of that app when you are in it and reset the value to your liking.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Sounds to me like whatever video app you're using its brightness is set to a lower value. Try going in the settings of that app when you are in it and reset the value to your liking.
    That's very annoying, but thank you. I'm very unsure why it can't just use the current brightness I'm on?

this happens on my optimus g also, video has a different brightness setting

On the G2, while watching a gallery video, if you hit menu then open the settings there is a setting for the brightness. I'd guess it's very similar on G3 though I don't have one to say for sure.

Posted via Android Central App

With the stock video app - Just touch the left side of the screen and slide your finger up to raise the brightness. BTW if you touch the right side of the screen and slide your finger up or down it will adjust the volume.
    LeoRex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    With the stock video app - Just touch the left side of the screen and slide your finger up to raise the brightness. BTW if you touch the right side of the screen and slide your finger up or down it will adjust the volume.
    You rock... Here I was thinking that they messed up the brightness on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    You rock... Here I was thinking that they messed up the brightness on purpose.
    It's really nice to have those controls right there on screen. Only thing is the controls are hidden, unless you touch the screen in the right place you'd never know that they are there.

Did you know that you can zoom in while watching a video also with the pinch zoom?

I thought that was kinda neat.
    mhunter6378 likes this.

Same here.