Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bembol
  • 1 Post By xocomaox
  • 2 Post By xocomaox
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Late to the game, just got my G3.

Coming from the G2. Usually I'm on the forums with a new phone at launch. Any tips for the noob?

ROM
    Nexus 6 w/5.1 & LED.

Default Re: Late to the game, just got my G3.

Welcome.
    What carrier?
    No major tips. Any small snafu concerns have most likely been addressed here already.
    Any questions, let us know.

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

I have a few tips I've incidentally found that I have not seen anywhere else. I'm new to the phone too, so sorry if this is not new stuff:

1. Pinching photos while you're looking at them in the gallery will give you the option to simply swipe up to erase the photo.
    2. The keyboard gives you the option to swipe up to choose a word and skip having to press the space bar, but this does not work if your next word starts with a capital letter. Save yourself some grief, if you even use this function, and get used to pressing space when you know your next word starts with a capital.
    3. I hate staring at the widgets and buttons while waiting for the home screen to go dark. It turns out that touching your screen with two fingers and spreading them apart, I don't know what the opposite of pinching is called, will push your apps out of the way and give you a clear view of your wallpaper.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks, I'm on Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

ROM
    Nexus 6 w/5.1 & LED.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    Thanked by:

Congrats on purchasing IMO (so far) the best Super Phone of 2014!
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I agree. The G2 was awesome and so is this thing.

Is there any teathering app that works with the G3? It was disabled on the G2 and I'm still on unlimited and would love to have it back without rooting.

Quote Originally Posted by idon12no View Post
    3. I hate staring at the widgets and buttons while waiting for the home screen to go dark. It turns out that touching your screen with two fingers and spreading them apart, I don't know what the opposite of pinching is called, will push your apps out of the way and give you a clear view of your wallpaper.
    Does anyone know what the point of this action is??? I stumbled upon it the other day and can't figure out any use for it. Is it just a wallpaper viewer?
    Wikh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    Does anyone know what the point of this action is??? I stumbled upon it the other day and can't figure out any use for it. Is it just a wallpaper viewer?
    Seems that way.... But think about it... LG releases a phone with a insanely fine resolution. Is someone pops on a full resolution wallpaper, perhaps they want to admire it or show it off?

Yes... kind of a little bit of vanity from LG, but I'll allow it.

I agree. I think it's just so you can look at your purdy pitchur.

Hmm, I'll accept that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Coming from the G2. Usually I'm on the forums with a new phone at launch. Any tips for the noob?
    I got a tip, return it before your return period ends. This phone is a buggy piece, just look thru the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    I got a tip, return it before your return period ends. This phone is a buggy piece, just look thru the forums.
    A handful of people with strange issues out of hundreds of thousands that bought it doesn't seem to be a great indicator of how poor a device is.
    Thanked by 2:
    GrooveRite and VW Maverick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    Mine is not flawless but still the best phone I ever used. My tip take advice from someone who actually has the phone not some troll like this guy

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by doggy2965 View Post
    Mine is not flawless but still the best phone I ever used.
    I gotta say... I came from a nexus 5 and, as much as I loved that phone it pains me to say it, the G3 is just a superior device in almost every category.

I'm sure it will be passed, probably this fall, but I'm certainly enjoying it
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    I gotta say... I came from a nexus 5 and, as much as I loved that phone it pains me to say it, the G3 is just a superior device in almost every category.

I'm sure it will be passed, probably this fall, but I'm certainly enjoying it
    Which is exactly why I just picked up a G3 on Swappa and will (most likely) be selling my N5. As much as I adore stock Android and the Nexus 5, it just does't have the value adds that the G3 has that have really drawn me into it. I hope I love it as much as you, and many others, have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    As much as I adore stock Android and the Nexus 5
    Losing the clean OS was what I was most apprehensive about.. What good is great hardware if it was handcuffed by an OEM that jacked up android? But LG did a nice job with the G3... You could almost be fooled into thinking my (customized) G3 is a themed Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    Losing the clean OS was what I was most apprehensive about.. What good is great hardware if it was handcuffed by an OEM that jacked up android? But LG did a nice job with the G3... You could almost be fooled into thinking my (customized) G3 is a themed Nexus.
    Clean OS and updates are what gets me. I'll give it a few days with it and see how it goes.