Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rablair
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voice mate/Voice command is bugging the crap out of me

I have a problem when I plug my Audio Technica headphones into my phone, the damn voice mate ALWAYS pop up when I'm trying to listen to my music. I've tried disabling it, unchecking every box but it still keeps popping thinking I want voice commands. How do I get this crap off my phone? I just want to listen to music.

Coincidentally, when I'm using my ear buds with microphone on it, I DON'T have this problem.

Default Re: Voice mate/Voice command is bugging the crap out of me

Its the aux bug on the lg g3. You can't stop it. LG released crap software :/
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by kingsway8605 View Post
    Its the aux bug on the lg g3. You can't stop it. LG released crap software :/
    What a bunch of bull****. My friend warned me about LG and their crap software but I blew it off figuring this would be different.

I hit the googles and apparently my only course of action is to keep plugging the headphones in and out until headphone icon is there. If there headphone icon with microphone is there, the voice mate will annoy and interrupt music playback.

Safe to say this is probably my first and last LG phone.

Welcome to my world friend! I found that uninstalling voice mate and then turning off auto-update at least keeps it from crawling out of its grave back into your phone. Problem after that are the tres-annoying update nags that you will get 800 millions times a day. I still havent figured out how to turn those off but ive gotten it to where the notify is not a loud beep/vibrate every five minutes. Sooo... Good luck rooting your phone cause that's what im going to do next.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wow went to LG and they said they have never heard of this aux/headphone problem making the voice mate to kick on. No fix on the way or even being thought of
    here is the text of the chat with support
    Frank: Hello john warner. Welcome to LG Electronics U.S.A. Support only. How may I provide you with excellent service today?
    john warner: i purchased the new LG 3G cell phone thru Verizon and I am having a problem that alot of people on the web are having. THe Voice Mate application keeps coming on while I am listening to music thru the aux jack. If you touch it or even if you doing it opens and stops pandora. any word on a fix?
    Frank: I am sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused.
    Frank: In this case, we can try performing a factory reset. Please be aware that by doing this, all internal memory data will be lost and the settings will be reset to factory settings.
    john warner: no that doesnt fix the problem. have tried that when i first got it and before i got all my info in the phone. everyone tried it and seems that only if you root the phone and add an app to turn off voice mate works. i am not tech enough to do that. Is LG aware of the problem?
    Frank: In this case, I can create a return authorization for LG departments, where a technician can verify the issue and try to fix it. After reaching facilities and having it registered by a technician, it will take around 5-7 business days to send it back. The unit has a 1 year limited warranty that is proved with the receipt. Please take into consideration that there will be charges if the unit is out of warranty or if it has received any physical/liquid/cosmetic damage, would you like me to create one? or you can contact the place of purchase for assistance as well.
    john warner: phone is less than 3 weeks old. if i return to you how long will i be without my business phone
    Frank: Once the unit is received by LG Wireless the repair time is 5 to 7 business days to send it back.
    Frank: in this case you can take it in to the carrier store they can send it in to us and they can also provide you with a loners phone while yours is in repair
    john warner: ok, so you are not showing this as a problem that LG currently is aware of?
    Frank: well if you mean like a known issue no it is not

Easy fix. Go to Settings, general, apps, all, then scroll down to voice mate and disable it.

*this is on lollipop and I'm not sure if it is the same for Kit-kat.

me to this ******* commard I about to break this 500 phone please help
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Tergesen View Post
    me to this ******* commard I about to break this 500 phone please help
    lol
    Just disable it. The problem may be the 3.5mm jack is a little off and has issue with a particular headphone l. I have many headphones and iem's, only a few cause the problem.

If you can't disable it, you need a 3 strip aux cord (one with a mic) for headphone listening.

Also, in my car, when I start charging my phone, then use a normal aux cord, voice mate does not pop up.
    Shaylee Larsen likes this.

Okay so I had that same problem but I went into my settings and down to backup and reset and they have a reset just for your settings I clicked that and now when I plug the aux cord into my phone it does not pop up up anymore . I hope this was useful

I originally did not have this problem when I was running kitkat but as soon as I updated to lollipop (including the new build just released) I have this issue but only with the aux cable in my car - I don't have this issue with the earbuds I use

Posted via the Android Central App

I had the same problem with my audio technica headphones. I was able to fix it by going to Settings>Application manager and disabling the app called "Talkback"

I have the same problem with the LG K7 and it's annoying the sh#t out of me. Can get the voice command to stop coming on whenever i listen to music through my head phones.

in settings go to Gestures uncheck Answer an incoming call.....the nag goes away.

in settings go to Gestures uncheck Answer an incoming call.....the nag goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by drewsg View Post
    I have a problem when I plug my Audio Technica headphones into my phone, the damn voice mate ALWAYS pop up when I'm trying to listen to my music. I've tried disabling it, unchecking every box but it still keeps popping thinking I want voice commands. How do I get this crap off my phone? I just want to listen to music.

Coincidentally, when I'm using my ear buds with microphone on it, I DON'T have this problem.

ive found that disabling "location" stops the problem

I have this same issue with the google voice. I have felt like throwing my phone accross the room several times!!
    I listen to audio books alot. If I touch the phone or try to walk around listening to my audio book on my lunch hour, it is constantly interupting. Sometimes it even quotes back the words of the audio book to me, then says it doesn't understand what I am saying.....I listen to audio books to relax, rest my eyes or when I have a migraine. Once google voices starts interupting, I can't relax and get very frustrated!! I have tried lots of things, nothing works. Any other ideas out there???