Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Zagg glass shield

I just bought the invisible glass shield and applied it last night.... Well for some reason the application of the tempered glass went well with no bubbles but I also have the edges of the glass shield not touching the device and no matter what I do to push down on it, it will not touch the glass. This would be Ok if it was in one spot but it is all around the edge kind of like it came with its own bezel. Anyone else have this problem with it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)

Default Re: Zagg glass shield

I have never had luck with applying screen protectors so I usually have the store do it for me. On several occasions they had issues putting them on where they had to take another one off the shelf.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Glass screen protectors rely on the surface being fundamentally perfect. There is no give (bend) with these things.
    If there is anything under or the surface is not perfect you will have ongoing issues. I ran into the same issues with a S3, no matter what brand I used the top right corner would start to lift. I finally realized that the surface of my S3 was not perfect (level). I put a Nillkin plastic protector on and it stayed put (they are very nice protectors by the way).
    I ended up getting the S3 replaced over a GPS issue and the replacement held a glass protector perfectly for the life of the phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    Glass screen protectors rely on the surface being fundamentally perfect. There is no give (bend) with these things.
    If there is anything under or the surface is not perfect you will have ongoing issues. I ran into the same issues with a S3, no matter what brand I used the top right corner would start to lift. I finally realized that the surface of my S3 was not perfect (level). I put a Nillkin plastic protector on and it stayed put (they are very nice protectors by the way).
    I ended up getting the S3 replaced over a GPS issue and the replacement held a glass protector perfectly for the life of the phone.
    Yeah I was thinking it had to be a bend in my screen or something.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)