Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth Issues

My brother is having problems with connecting via bluetooth his headset, here's what happens in his words.

When I would disconnect my blue tiger headset and try to make a call I would not be able to hear the person talking to me through the phone ear piece unless I put it on speaker phone your put in headphones. The first couple of times it did this I removed the battery. This would fix the problem. However as the days went by I started to have to unpair the Bluetooth to get it to work. Most recently I was having to pull the battery out for many hours before the ear speaker would transmitt call audio again. It also seemed whenever I was close to my Bluetooth headset it would cause it to not work. And now it does not work at all.

What is the cause of this or what can fix it? He's quite frustrated with it since he's a trucker and really needs his headset - don't want him to switch to an iPhone. Any help is appreciated!

Default Re: Bluetooth Issues

So what happens when he does not turn on Bluetooth on the phone and the headset? Does the handset (phone) function as per design?
    In other words is it the phone constantly attempting to work with the headset?

Go into settings > Apps then swipe over to All, scroll down to Bluetooth, tap it then clear cache and data, pair the headset again and see if that clears up the issue.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Okay, so he clarified some, his bluetooth hasn't had any issues connecting (although it just died, but I doubt that's related). He can connect fine to his bluetooth and his phone functions properly, but when he disconnects it then his ear speaker doesn't work properly and he has to put it on speaker to hear it.

Is this a hardware or software issue? It started a couple weeks after he got it and if he wants to he can get a (I assume) refurbished one through Verizon for free, but then he might get one with the common Aux problem, although that can be remedied at times so that'd still be better than his speaker issue.

EDIT: He wiped it and that didn't fix the issue, so he's getting a different one.
    Last edited by Kaiser Droid; 08-18-2014 at 02:04 PM.