My LG G3 Battery Doesn't Last All Day.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Example - I woke up today, got ready, unplugged my phone and left my house at 7:30 am. I spent the day at the hospital visiting a family member and by 3:30 pm, my battery was at 27%. Granted I was on it fairly often using Facebook and Internet surfing, but if I waited until 6:30 pm to charge my G3, it would be dead. So. I need a better, more powerful power source, and this is where I was hoping you guys could advise me.

Ultimately I'd like to have an extended life battery with at least 3,800mAh and isn't made using Chinese subpar standards. I want a good battery, even if it costs more. But, I have searched eBay and Amazon and have come up empty-handed. I don't want to buy a Mophie power pack, however I'd buy a Mophie case but, they don't make one. If a Mophie power pack is the only solution, so be it.

So that's my dilemma. Advice, links, feedback based of experience, would all be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Battery Doesn't Last All Day.

Thanks, but no G3 support.

From somewhere on that site:

Hey, ZeroLemon fans! We finally have an update for the LG G3 battery! The 9000mAh battery will be available to order August 30. We appreciate your patience as we've been dealing with the delay!

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Will you be offering a larger battery option that is same dimension as the factory 3000 mah battery?

Hey, ZeroLemon fans! We finally have an update for the LG G3 battery! The 9000mAh battery will be available to order August 30. We appreciate your patience as we've been dealing with the delay!

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

9,000mAh? Holy crap. I like the idea of having a bucket of mAh's, but that's gonna turn a sleek phone into a cinder block. Oh well, we'll see upon release. Thanks for the update.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

It does mention the G3, BUT you'll have to wait for a bit.

Posted via Android Central App

Huh I must have missed it. Darth Spock is touting a release date of 8/30. I suppose I can wait.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Hallelujah I will be investing in the Zerolemon 9000mah :)

3500mah was my shout but won't complain about 9000mah :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Can't really tell thickness, but this is apparently what it looks like:
10369903_690440741048870_3396229959772890685_n.png

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, no thanks. I just went from a Spigen Ultra Hybrid to a Spigen Ultra Fit because I wanted a thinner profile... similar to my G2 with a Peotic Feather.

I prefer a battery that is in stock dimension... but not holding my breath because I don't really see any offerings for the Galaxy S5 and you'd think a huge seller like that there would already be one over the G3.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Another reason could be the hospital. Hospitals are notoriously bad for signal reception. If your phone had trouble keeping a signal it will drain the battery faster.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

You should download an app to see what is draining the battery.

My battery last around 17h with 6h screen on.

Try to look at your syncing apps like fb, email etc. I always set fb to Manuel since it's senseless to let it sync when I'm not on it and I still get my messages from the chat.

You could also try to run the phone on ART instead of dalvik.

Posted with the speed of my G3

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Xocomoax - I'm set to auto brightness.

Areyes - I have full 4G service. Literally as perfect as it can get.

Mackie - ART froze my phone immediately. Any suggestions on what app to download to see what could be drawing?

I looked at the apps draining my battery through the system and my screen was the #1 culprit, on at about 22%. Makes sense because I was on Facebook and the net quite a bit. No specific application I wasn't using showed up on my drain list.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Xicomoax - I'm set to auto brightness.

This could be a potential problem. Some devices do this well while most are constantly second guessing their position. I don't know if the G3 does well on auto-brightness, but it is a common drain on the G2.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

This could be a potential problem. Some devices do this well while most are constantly second guessing their position. I don't know if the G3 does well on auto-brightness, but it is a common drain on the G2.

Would you suggest taking it off auto and just moving it to something like 10%?

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

I'm on 40% and if I'm outside in the sun I just use the auto option.

40% gets me enough juice for a day on heavy use.

Btw if you are a lot on the internet (browsing) than it will drain as well duo to the high resolution screen.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Would you suggest taking it off auto and just moving it to something like 10%?

10% brightness is fearful dim but if you could live with it....
Your 22% battery usage by the screen sounds low to me....I usually have my brightness at 30% indoors, auto setting off. Battery usage in my case would be much more than 22%....say double.
Perhaps something else is eating your battery.

Posted via Android Central App

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm on 40% and if I'm outside in the sun I just use the auto option.

40% gets me enough juice for a day on heavy use.

Btw if you are a lot on the internet (browsing) than it will drain as well duo to the high resolution screen.

Same for me. I find 40% an excellent compromise.

Steve/Boanerges Performance