My LG G3 Battery Doesn't Last All Day.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Battery Doesn't Last All Day.

Just saying you have auto brightness on isn't exactly enough. What % is it set to?

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I am not a big fan of making my phone bigger than it needs to be. I also think cases have come a long way over the years. I remember having to use an Otterbox on my Blackberry 7250. I thought that was big. Now cases offer ample protection without the girth.
The battery life was better than expected for me. I am a heavy user, as I use mine for streaming music at the gym, business, and personal use. The battery lasts around 30% longer than my Note 3 did. However, it still doesn't make it through the day. So, these are what I have been using.

LG BC4300 Official Desktop Battery Charger Black for LG G3 Bulk Packaging | eBay
Official LG G3 Genuine Original BL 53YH VS985 F400 D850 D855 3000mAh Battery | eBay

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

From somewhere on that site:

Hey, ZeroLemon fans! We finally have an update for the LG G3 battery! The 9000mAh battery will be available to order August 30. We appreciate your patience as we've been dealing with the delay!
With data toggling, I Can get by withought these cases, but living in a low signal area makes it more difficult. I like my morphine case as I can leave everything on full bore all day. Sometimes, the bulk isn't worth it, and I just bump charge when I can and toggle data when I don't need it.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
LG G3 Battery life

Well coming from the Droid maxx and the Droid RAZR maxx I have had a good experience with amazing batteries.... This is the best I have gotten from this phone. Anyone else extended it this far?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1262.jpg
    1262.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 319

LauraWA

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

Google play services was killing my battery. Started doing it one day out if the blue. Can't remember what I did to fix it...cleared cache for sure. Other things that have helped my battery life tremendously were changing location settings, turning off Google now, and reducing brightness.

Posted via Android Central App

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

"Spent the day at the hospital" sounds like the issue. Most hospital that I have been in has horrible or weak signal. That will kill your battery.

Sent from my VZW LG G3 (tapatalk)

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Battery life

The Maxx has a much larger battery so it's hard to compare the two devices battery life. I can say with my experience that the G3 with all of its battery eating options does very well I can get a full 8 hour day with heavy usage.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

"Spent the day at the hospital" sounds like the issue. Most hospital that I have been in has horrible or weak signal. That will kill your battery.

Sent from my VZW LG G3 (tapatalk)

This is what I was thinking. I've had the same issue when in hospitals.. Always bad news for cell signals :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Not too bad. Are you rooted or is that icon for the battery available out of the box?

Yes I am rooted and I did it with LG G3 tweak box. Yeah it's not too bad at all. I didn't even realize the battery left after a ten hour work day and I was impressed. After hearing a the horror stories I just think people need to look into it deeper.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

The Maxx has a much larger battery so it's hard to compare the two devices battery life.

Battery was 300mah larger in razr maxx, but it was a completely different device.

I got more use out of the razr maxx, but then again, that screen is tiny (the size of a psp!) and low res (qHD only).

milobramble

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Yeah....unplugged it 2 hours then went to work without using it much. Just thought i would check to see what it said since this is day 2 of owning it.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah the maxx started giving out towards the end when I got the g3....the battery would barely last me a day. It was time....

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

I came over from a Galaxy S3 that was dying ridiculously fast after having had it for over a year. So I'm astonished and amazed with this phones battery at the moment, lol. I take my phone off the charger at 6:00am and get home from work at about 5:30pm, and it's still over 90%. This is with pretty light use, but still great compared to my S3 which would be around 50% when I got home.

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

I use the he'll out of my phone all day long listening to podcasts, streaming radio, using it as my primary computer long and I get no more than a a few hours out of the battery. So I bought an anker 15000 whatever external battery for 40 bones and I couldn't be more pleased. With that kind of charge I can use my phone to the max all day long without a cage in the world.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

I came over from a Galaxy S3 that was dying ridiculously fast after having had it for over a year. So I'm astonished and amazed with this phones battery at the moment, lol. I take my phone off the charger at 6:00am and get home from work at about 5:30pm, and it's still over 90%. This is with pretty light use, but still great compared to my S3 which would be around 50% when I got home.

Yeah if you are in a good network coverage and know how to spare battery then it is possible. I am loving this phone more and more every day

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary