Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Default Transferring music from Mac to phone

I was using Android File Transfer to transfer music from my Mac to my phone and now it just won't work when I plug in my phone. What does everyone use?

Default Re: Transferring music from Mac to phone

I uploaded all my music to the cloud using Google Music (could take a few days depending on how much music you have. Its best to start it and then not touch it until its finished). I can then stream music or decide to save it to my phone through the app. Also I signed up for the free month of All Access and haven't cancelled it since because I love it so much. Oh also Chromecast and Sonos support make this any easy choice for me.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

So nothing simple to where I can just plug in my phone and sync with my iTunes? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ree3312 View Post
    So nothing simple to where I can just plug in my phone and sync with my iTunes? Lol
    I use Android File Transfer or just take out the sd card and connect it to my computer to transfer the files directly. Another option is iSyncr, they also have a wireless sync option https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yncrLite&hl=en
    ree3312 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ree3312 View Post
    I use iSyncr and it is actually easier than iTunes, IMO. It can sync wirelessly at a set time each day. You can choose the playlists and songs. It is 2 way sync and can also sync photos if you choose. I have been using it for several years now and it works great.

Posted via Android Central App
    ree3312 likes this.

If this is the first time connecting the G3 to a Mac you'll need to restart your Mac while it's plugged in.

It should connect afterwards, you just need to be patient. Sometimes I see ATF not responding but it will connect.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)