Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Default Transferring music from Mac to phone

I was using Android File Transfer to transfer music from my Mac to my phone and now it just won't work when I plug in my phone. What does everyone use?

Default Re: Transferring music from Mac to phone

I uploaded all my music to the cloud using Google Music (could take a few days depending on how much music you have. Its best to start it and then not touch it until its finished). I can then stream music or decide to save it to my phone through the app. Also I signed up for the free month of All Access and haven't cancelled it since because I love it so much. Oh also Chromecast and Sonos support make this any easy choice for me.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

So nothing simple to where I can just plug in my phone and sync with my iTunes? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ree3312 View Post
    So nothing simple to where I can just plug in my phone and sync with my iTunes? Lol
    I use Android File Transfer or just take out the sd card and connect it to my computer to transfer the files directly. Another option is iSyncr, they also have a wireless sync option https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yncrLite&hl=en
    Last edited by mhunter6378; 08-17-2014 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Fix auto correct typo
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ree3312 View Post
    I use iSyncr and it is actually easier than iTunes, IMO. It can sync wirelessly at a set time each day. You can choose the playlists and songs. It is 2 way sync and can also sync photos if you choose. I have been using it for several years now and it works great.

Posted via Android Central App
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    Thanked by:

If this is the first time connecting the G3 to a Mac you'll need to restart your Mac while it's plugged in.

It should connect afterwards, you just need to be patient. Sometimes I see ATF not responding but it will connect.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)