Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T LG G3 Wireless Charging

I just want to get it straight. There is no way, 100% to get QI charging on G3 with AT&T. Only PowerMate? I found some unlocked G3 back plates on eBay with he correct pins but is QI completely disabled?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: AT&T LG G3 Wireless Charging

Quote Originally Posted by matt3166 View Post
    I just want to get it straight. There is no way, 100% to get QI charging on G3 with AT&T. Only PowerMate? I found some unlocked G3 back plates on eBay with he correct pins but is QI completely disabled?

Posted via Android Central App
    AT&T borked the Qi capabilities in lieu of PMA which they are pushing. If you really need Qi one option is a charging receiver that fits inside the back cover and has a thin cable that plugs into the micro USB port. It works but you lose the micro USB port while it is installed. So connecting to a standard charger or hooking up to a computer is not possible without removing the Qi receiver first. Here's a link
    Universal Qi Wireless Charging Pad Charger Receiver Micro USB for Mobile Phone | eBay

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

Lool, even tho you get phones/contracts cheap in the US, you really get weird carriers.

Why in f.. Sake would they disable qi charging??

Posted with the speed of my G3