Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 on Verizon :(

Let me start off by saying I truly love this phones design and how great it feels in the hand. The screen is really something nice to look at as well. I've had the chance to own the phone on both at&t and Verizon. My main phone line is Verizon but wow what a difference between the two phones. The Verizon one which I use daily is so slow and laggy. Be it animations or opening apps it is dreadfully slow and locks up for seconds at a time. Not sure what the difference is but it really does impede every day usage. I do not have ART turned on as for the Verizon version it causes a lot of problems. Seems to get better if I restart the device but then comes back fairly quickly. Really disappointing because I really like the phone but it's frustrating sometimes.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: LG G3 on Verizon :(

I'm typing this on my Verizon G3 ... My experiences have been totally opposite. Factory reset? Bad device?

Do both ATT and VZW versions have the same apps and other software installed? You said the VZW is the main device, how often does the ATT version get used? I would check to see if there are any VZW apps running causing the slow down. They sure did load up the phone with some crap. Also, our VZW G3 works just fine here.

Try wiping the cache partition. You won't lose any data and it may clear the issues. Here's a link to the instructions from T Mobile. Should be the same on the Verizon model.
    Wipe cache partition: LG G3 | T-Mobile Support

The Verizon model seems to have more pre-installed apps that need to be disabled/frozen.

I also have a Verizon model. No issues here. Best of luck. I disabled most the Verizon apps though.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

I have the Verizon version, and I haven't had any issues. Sounds like you may have got a bunk device. I would do a factory reset, as mentioned before, and if that doesn't fix it then take it to the store.
    Also, delete all of that Verizon blankety blank off of your phone. It's useless, and usually there are other apps that do the same thing better, and they're usually free.

Root and get rid of that LG and Verizon bloatware crap. It will help a lot.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)

Sounds like a defective device to me.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    Sounds like a defective device to me.
    Or lots of widgets running.

I noticed this as well. I went to the AT&T store to look at the G3 because it was close to the house. Played with it, ran Antutu. Passed by Verizon later in the week do stopped in to see about an early upgrade. The phone felt slower and scored 10k less. Yes, I checked installed apps and even repeated the tests.
    Evo4G. Now with more Internet.

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Stock Verizon G3 user here. Never had any lag. Your device needs a factory reset or a warranty exchange.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.

The ones saying it has no lag, have you looked at the AT&T version? If not you don't have a reference point.
    Evo4G. Now with more Internet.