Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Signal Strength

I'm planning on getting the G3 next month but I have a concern about the signal strength. I live in a low reception area and I only get one bar of 1x on my iphone 5. I can live with this cause I rarely drop calls and I use wifi for data. How is the signal on the g3 and can anyone compare it to an iphone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Signal Strength

My att g3 gets about 5 dBm lower than my wife's ip5. That's a bit better signal. Go to your carriers store and compare dBm signal.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well the g3 did fine compared to the htc m8 and the gs5 in the store looking at the bars but didn't know to do the db thang. Thanks very much for the comparison to the iphone; exactly what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    Well the g3 did fine compared to the htc m8 and the gs5 in the store looking at the bars but didn't know to do the db thang. Thanks very much for the comparison to the iphone; exactly what I was looking for.

Just to add a comparison here, my wife still uses an iphone. I have compared signal strength several times with hers and found them to be almost the same each time I've checked.

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    Just to add a comparison here, my wife still uses an iphone. I have compared signal strength several times with hers and found them to be almost the same each time I've checked.
    My G3, at my house, gets pretty much full LTE and Sprint spark. My moms iPhone 5s, also on Sprint and at my house, gets spanked silly with signal strength. But it's all subjective because she's still able to make/receive calls and access the internet with decent speeds.

I just recently switched from verizon to AT&T and with the G3 I haven't had any occurrence where my data or reception was ever unusable. I never really look at the bars as much as the speed the device operates.
    With all the upgrades carriers are under going it's very possible these days to loose data due to the high bandwidth usage.

Posted via Android Central App

When you compare make sure your looking at actual DBm, don't compare by the bars.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My g3 is just as good with phone calls as my droid Maxx was and way better than my S5. It is weaker with data than my Maxx but better than my s5. Overall I'm very happy.

Posted via Android Central App

Not having issues with phone calls, it's data connection.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Low reception is going to kill your battery pretty fast, no matter what phone you use. :/
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I don't have a noticable amount of battery drain on my iphone. I guess thats why im asking about the signal reception of the G3 compared to the Iphone...