Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 wireless charging US version

Hey,

Is there anyway to wireless charge with this phone besides using the circle case?

Thanks

Default Re: wireless charging US version

You can get a battery cover that has it on it. They go from 30.00 to 60 dollars on eBay.

Posted via Android Central App

On At&t the circle case is the only wireless charging option and it's PMA (At&t only) not Qi
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hey that looks easy to install. Thanks for the link. Does it work just as well as the official LG charging case?

If your talking about the LG Slim Guard case no one knows since it doesn't appear to be available for US models yet. The charging back link in my post above is working fine on my Verizon VS985. I originally bought the quick circle charging case from Verizon and it works fine too, but the flap proved too cumbersome for my usage style. Standard protective cases fit just fine over this replacement back and the phone still charges at least for the two I've tried.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts

I can speak for the quick circle case... For me it's made a great phone even better. Feels a lot better than the original back, and the QI charging works great!

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Do you actually have the housing on the phone and it is charging Qi?

Because last I read, AT&T deactivated Qi charging on the phone even though it has the port visible.

Do you have a link to the thread that says they got Qi charging working on the AT&T G3?

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    This is the one I ordered.

I also ordered the LG WCD-100 Charger.

LG WCD 100 Genuine Qi Wireless Charger Mount for LG G3 D851 D850 D855 2 NEXUS4 5 | eBay

I have this sticker and can confirm it is extremely easy to install. Will work on Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. Does NOT work on AT&T. There is someone on XDA who is buying these in bulk and selling them. That's how I got mine. Again, extremely easy to install. Also easy to remove the stock NFC only sticker that come standard on back cover. I would highly recommend.

Thanks for the clarity... I forgot that I may have read somewhere it worked on the other carriers BUT the AT&T models and for some reason thought bembol had an AT&T variant. Man, I wish it did work on my carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by cbb77 View Post
    I have this sticker and can confirm it is extremely easy to install. Will work on Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. Does NOT work on AT&T. There is someone on XDA who is buying these in bulk and selling them. That's how I got mine. Again, extremely easy to install. Also easy to remove the stock NFC only sticker that come standard on back cover. I would highly recommend.

Yeah, not sure why AT&T went this route for G3. They didn't do this for SG5. This is main reason I did not purchase the G3 from AT&T. PMA stinks due to no availability beyond AT&T case. Also bootloader was locked. Thus picked up T-Mobile unit and running it on AT&T network without issue

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Do you actually have the housing on the phone and it is charging Qi?

Because last I read, AT&T deactivated Qi charging on the phone even though it has the port visible.

Do you have a link to the thread that says they got Qi charging working on the AT&T G3?
    What? No, I have received either.

IDK about what AT&T did but I have the Bell D852 G3.

Quote Originally Posted by cbb77 View Post
    Yeah, not sure why AT&T went this route for G3. They didn't do this for SG5. This is main reason I did not purchase the G3 from AT&T. PMA stinks due to no availability beyond AT&T case. Also bootloader was locked. Thus picked up T-Mobile unit and running it on AT&T network without issue
    Samsung Black Wireless Charging Back Cover - Samsung Galaxy S 5

Are you sure AT&T didn't go PMA for their version of the S5???

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaiMento View Post
    Samsung Black Wireless Charging Back Cover - Samsung Galaxy S 5

Are you sure AT&T didn't go PMA for their version of the S5???
    I'm sure they didn't. Just used a non-carrier specific wireless cover and it worked fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by jschu22 View Post
    I'm sure they didn't. Just used a non-carrier specific wireless cover and it worked fine.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

Posted via Android Central App
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,674 Global Posts

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

This is the one I ordered.

I also ordered the LG WCD-100 Charger.

LG WCD 100 Genuine Qi Wireless Charger Mount for LG G3 D851 D850 D855 2 NEXUS4 5 | eBay
    Did you get them yet??

I received the LG wireless back cover last night but can't use it because I ended up selling my Nillkin charging orb with the S5.

Another week or two for the WCD.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

I received the LG wireless back cover last night but can't use it because I ended up selling my Nillkin charging orb with the S5.

Another week or two for the WCD.
    Oh you sold it I hope you enjoy your LG

Default Re: LG G3 wireless charging US version

I had too, I'm already paying for two plans. My 64GB iPad Air LTE.

I do love the G3 more, the 5.5" display in this body is just amazing!

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

More info on AT&T and PMA:
    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/07/18...arging-att-qi/

Boy do I feel like a sucker with AT&T. I bought a Quick Circle case and Powermat with my first G3. The case provided inadequate protection and the screen cracked. The Circle case was clumsy to use for me anyway. Sold both the G3 and Circle case on Craig's list but still being unaware AT&T did not support Qi I bought a second phone from them and sent away for a Qi wireless charging back cover. I'm definitely considering leaving AT&T when my contract runs out in October if there is no wireless charging PMA back cover to be found by then.

Cool Re: LG G3 wireless charging US version

Amazon just got a similar new product. Its Amazon prime and you get the charging sticker in 2 days instead of 30 days from alibaba. My Friend ordered one and said it works perfect with the official LG charging base. Just look up LG G3 wireless charging attachment on amazon and you will find it.

I got a PM on another forum telling my Bell D852 isn't supported. User ask me if my G3 was the D855 model.

tapatalk LG pro D852

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast