Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pmcnei11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG G3 Cat.6

    i have tried the LG G3 Cat. 6 and the GS5 LTE-A and i have to say that it does out perform my regular AT&T version of the G3 and S5

    does anyone else feel ticked off that the Cat. 6 or the GS5 LTE-A are not available in the US?

    LG and samsung could make a lot of money if they sold it here.
  2. #2  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G3 Cat.6

    If it's not here I don't really care.

    Btw there is s world outside of the US..

    Posted with the speed of my G3
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashymon The Viola Penguin View Post
    i have tried the LG G3 Cat. 6 and the GS5 LTE-A and i have to say that it does out perform my regular AT&T version of the G3 and S5

    does anyone else feel ticked off that the Cat. 6 or the GS5 LTE-A are not available in the US?

    LG and samsung could make a lot of money if they sold it here.
    The Cat 6 looks like its being launched in Europe next month at the IFA and rumours are saying its launching worldwide also.

    http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/m...a-2014-launch/
  4. #4  

    Default Re: LG G3 Cat.6

    I bought my G3 for the long haul with the thought I would not be playing many graphic intensive games, although it does not do a bad job at it. As far as I'm concerned I'm not looking for the next speed bump for at least 2 years. I'm coming from a Galaxy S3 which started malfunctioning after about 18 months and I consider my choice a good one and I'm sticking to it.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: LG G3 Cat.6

    Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    The Cat 6 looks like its being launched in Europe next month at the IFA and rumours are saying its launching worldwide also.

    LG G3 Prime and G3 Stylus smartphones pegged for IFA 2014 launch - PC Advisor
    Interestingly enough with 2GB of memory.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: LG G3 Cat.6

    Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    Interestingly enough with 2GB of memory.
    Strange when the Note 4 will be launching with 4gb.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: LG G3 Cat.6

    Other than a faster LTE, the only advantage the Cat.6 has is SOC 805 right? So compared to the S5 (which I no longer have), if offers more advantage...

    SOC 805, 2K Display, 3GB RAM.


    When I heard the news my frist reaction I think was #$%^&! but then I realized the G3 is my 31st upgrade since 2009. Who cares, sell it and upgrade!
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

    - MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Other than a faster LTE, the only advantage the Cat.6 has is SOC 805 right? So compared to the S5 (which I no longer have), if offers more advantage...

    SOC 805, 2K Display, 3GB RAM.


    When I heard the news my frist reaction I think was #$%^&! but then I realized the G3 is my 31st upgrade since 2009. Who cares, sell it and upgrade!
    Just found this.
  9. #9  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    176 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

    Default

    Why would you count phones from so many years ago?I could count my last 10 from last year and than it's just fuzzy and do not really care anymore xD

    For me faster lte is a waste since it's not working in my area. The faster processor is pleasant. Could be more power efficiently, but that's about it..

    Whaah I'm trying to say these things so I won't buy another device till may. (Promised my fiancee) ofc I would like to buy it, only duo to the 805!

    Posted with the speed of my G3
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: LG G3 Cat.6

    Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    Why would you count phones from so many years ago?I could count my last 10 from last year and than it's just fuzzy and do not really care anymore xD

    For me faster lte is a waste since it's not working in my area. The faster processor is pleasant. Could be more power efficiently, but that's about it..

    Whaah I'm trying to say these things so I won't buy another device till may. (Promised my fiancee) ofc I would like to buy it, only duo to the 805!

    Posted with the speed of my G3
    Lol, you NEED the Cat6!!!!! I'm about to buy the Cat6 too and the Note4 for comparison.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    Why would you count phones from so many years ago?I could count my last 10 from last year and than it's just fuzzy and do not really care anymore xD

    For me faster lte is a waste since it's not working in my area. The faster processor is pleasant. Could be more power efficiently, but that's about it..

    Whaah I'm trying to say these things so I won't buy another device till may. (Promised my fiancee) ofc I would like to buy it, only duo to the 805!

    Posted with the speed of my G3
    There is not a huge gulf between the two 801/330 & the 805/430. This will be useful for those that game a lot. As for daily use its doesn't improve battery life like previously thought (from what I have read).

    Yes I would still like it, but I'm not bothered by its appearance on the scene. My G3 is running smooth & does everything I want it to & well :-)

    Posted via the Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    There is not a huge gulf between the two 801/330 & the 805/430. This will be useful for those that game a lot. As for daily use its doesn't improve battery life like previously thought (from what I have read).

    Yes I would still like it, but I'm not bothered by its appearance on the scene. My G3 is running smooth & does everything I want it to & well :-)

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Performance looks to be better but battery the same. What I did find interesting from Erica Griffins review is that the S5 Prime was the best of the lot. This leads me to think the Note 4 will be fairly amazing.
    PookiePrancer likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. The Sharp Aquos Crystal - LG may have competition!
    By Duncan1982 in forum Sharp Aquos Crystal
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-18-2014, 11:42 PM
  2. Water on LG G2 (verizon)
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 12:01 AM
  3. LG G3 Unicorn Beetle Pro Case - QI
    By Hondu in forum LG G3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 01:02 AM
  4. How to retrieve deleted text messages from a Verizon LG G2
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 07:32 PM
  5. Messaging setup on G3-
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 06:29 PM

Posting Permissions