Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G3 Hangouts and bad signal reception

Has anyone else recently had trouble with hangouts recently? I seem to be getting messages delayed by 10-20 minutes. I have hangouts as my default sms app. However this is happening with both sms and hangouts IM messages. I will also not get a notification once the message comes through. I have also lately been getting kicked to 3g often. I have already done a full reset of the device. Maybe the current build of hangouts does not play well with the G3...

Global Posts
    8,888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: G3 Hangouts and bad signal reception

If you're having issues with service/connection on your phone, that's likely what's causing you to get delayed messages. I'd ask your carrier if they are making any changes to their network which could explain why you're going to and from 3G to 4G.
    I know a couple of people with G3s that use Hangouts and neither have reported issues with delayed texts.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by isai90 View Post
    Has anyone else recently had trouble with hangouts recently? I seem to be getting messages delayed by 10-20 minutes. I have hangouts as my default sms app. However this is happening with both sms and hangouts IM messages. I will also not get a notification once the message comes through. I have also lately been getting kicked to 3g often. I have already done a full reset of the device. Maybe the current build of hangouts does not play well with the G3...
    Me too. It started today. Two hour delay from the wife with no notifications. Sad to say, I like hangouts because of the video chat with the wife but if this is common with hangouts, I'll be trying out something different.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3

Global Posts
    2,718 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Delays in SMS/MMS delivery are always a network issue, not a phone issue. There's no app written that delays receipt of a message. (Why spend the effort to write such code - at best, it's a bad joke.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    Delays in SMS/MMS delivery are always a network issue, not a phone issue. There's no app written that delays receipt of a message. (Why spend the effort to write such code - at best, it's a bad joke.)
    It has never...EVER...happened to me while using a "stock" sms. Sure, there had been times when I was in a roaming situation and didn't receive a text until I hit a tower (usually just a few minutes), but received it promptly thereafter with notification. Never a two hour delay. Never. Until now. Took two hours to get it but was never notified of the message.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3