Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LeoRex
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 camera alternatives?

I love the camera but I hate they took away all the manual controls from the camera!

Any one suggest alternatives?

I hope they update and bring back some options.

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: LG G3 camera alternatives?

I use the Google Camera and Shot Control on my GS4. The latter has a lot more user adjustable settings than the stock app
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

(^^^Thx. Interesting for me.)

Posted via Android Central App

A Better Camera. App is jammed with features
    Thanked by:
    Lars Varming and xocomaox like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,730 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    A Better Camera. App is jammed with features
    Whilst I like having options available to make adjustments. The G3 has implemented a direct point and shoot making it extremely easy to capture that picture.

My photos have turned out very well indeed and can be found somewhere in these forums along with others (I believe i f you swipe from right to left you will find them there).

I like both my Z2 which has plenty of options available & the G3 for making it as easy as opening the camera app, touch to focus and take the shot.

Great Job to both Sony & Lg here oh and whilst the G3 like most is not brilliant in lowlight, it does a half decent job and is better than others available.

This is just my opinion & experience though :-)

Posted via the Android Central App

In my experience, no other app is as fast at capturing pictures as the stock camera, so that's something to consider. Try free versions first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The one feature I'd really like would be manual shutter, so that I could be sure of a fast shutter speed when shooting fast-moving subjects. Might come in a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Whilst I like having options available to make adjustments. The G3 has implemented a direct point and shoot making it extremely easy to capture that picture.
    Oh.... I have no issues with the stock camera to be honest, that dual mode is great. I stopped using Google's own camera, which I also like due to its ease of use and lack of clutter. My picture taking is nearly completely comprised of capturing life on the fly... pics of my kids and things of the like. I don't really have a need to set up a shot or fiddle with exposures or color balance, filters, etc.

But the OP was really looking for a camera with a lot of finite control and tons of adjustments. ABC is chock full o' the stuff.... way too busy for my tastes, but I can see where someone would want that control.

The stock camera is great for everyday shots, the laser focus is brilliant but for more manual shots I prefer Camera FV-5 as it has all exposure controls including exposure lock.

Stock camera is pretty good though :

The camera in my opinion works fine if I need a better shot I carry a Sony point and shoot with me.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Stock camera works fine for me as well

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G3 camera alternatives?-4246.jpg  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I love "A Better Camera" app. It takes quick photos and I was even able the back button to open up to the app. It gives you much better control.

Quote Originally Posted by DCSholtis View Post
    Stock camera works fine for me as well
    Is that taken with the front-facing camera? Or is the quality low because of the app you're using to post here? This forum seems to butcher the image quality. But I understand that bandwidth isn't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    Is that taken with the front-facing camera? Or is the quality low because of the app you're using to post here? This forum seems to butcher the image quality. But I understand that bandwidth isn't cheap.
    The app I'm using to post here. The picture is sharp but when I post I lose the quality.

Here's a new article on Android Central
    The best camera apps for Android | Android Central
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Search for LGCamera in the play store, it has really good features.
    Also there is a stock camera mod available for the G3 which upgrades the FPS in all modes.