Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to get the most out of my g3

I got the g3 and I want to know all that it has to offer. It it's on Verizon 4g on a single contract that I just got.iwould like to revise my contract too.

Default Re: How to get the most out of my g3

Welcome to AC
    Congrats on the new device!
    Just a few recommendations from another Android user (Don't have a G3)...Backups. Make sure you use Google + (Or another service like Dropbox) to backup your photos, contacts, etc. There's nothing worse than losing your valuable data when there are free, easy to use services to back them up.
    Other than that, the apps I'd recommend are Evernote/Google Keep, ES File Explorer, and of course the Android Central app
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

Root it with towel root and uninstall all the bloatware. Trust me, its worth it

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Rix_IV View Post
    Root it with towel root and uninstall all the bloatware. Trust me, its worth it

If he has a reason to root it, sure. Most users are fine with how the phone works out of the box. The G3 shouldn't be laggy at all

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

It isnt very laggy out of the box. Its much smoother than an S4 or S5. But removing the bloatware helps on every device so why not do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rix_IV View Post
    It isnt very laggy out of the box. Its much smoother than an S4 or S5. But removing the bloatware helps on every device so why not do it?

It can help with battery life in some situations, but that's about it. I personally never had issues with bloatware, but YMMV.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2