Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 DALVIK or ART

I've heard conflicting things about whether to use DALVIK or ART. I heard that the Verizon version has had major issues with ART.

On the AT&T version, is ART running well?

Default Re: DALVIK or ART

Art has to do with the phone not the carrier. All versions are having problems with it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)

I am on AT&T. I have ART enabled on my Nexus 4 without any issues so when I got my G3 the first thing I did was factory reset and enable ART.

Worked ok for a few weeks but I don't know what set it off... what app caused the conflict... but my phone started hard freezing... had to pull the battery to reboot. After the 3rd time I said forget it and factory reset the phone and stuck with Dalvik. Going to keep it like this until they have an update either to 4.4.4 or L and then reconsider.

I definitely noticed the faster speed of ART but I had to switch back due to bluetooth audio stutter. For some reason on ART, my music through my bluetooth earbuds kept stuttering and it got so annoying. Going back to dalvik solved my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I am on AT&T. I have ART enabled on my Nexus 4 without any issues so when I got my G3 the first thing I did was factory reset and enable ART.

Worked ok for a few weeks but I don't know what set it off... what app caused the conflict... but my phone started hard freezing... had to pull the battery to reboot. After the 3rd time I said forget it and factory reset the phone and stuck with Dalvik. Going to keep it like this until they have an update either to 4.4.4 or L and then reconsider.
    Exactly my issues

I did like the better battery life though

Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

I tried ART the first day and yes there is a lot of positives but way too many negatives. After a few days I experienced lag and device crashes.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

ART

Quote Originally Posted by blink1me82 View Post
    I definitely noticed the faster speed of ART but I had to switch back due to bluetooth audio stutter. For some reason on ART, my music through my bluetooth earbuds kept stuttering and it got so annoying. Going back to dalvik solved my problem.
    Was thinking that was the problem. Thanks. Gonna switch back. Very annoying.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

I've got no problems using art on my phone.

Posted with the speed of my G3

So far 2 days on ART at&t and no issues. Battery life is incredible..

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    So far 2 days on ART at&t and no issues. Battery life is incredible..
    It takes a few days sometimes but if it works for you then awesome!
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)
    Thanked by:

I guess it's base on luck and what your carriers does with it?

My Samsung Galaxy S5 (900W8), which I sold recently only had an issue with one app. Polaris Office 5.

My G3 (852) hasn't given me anything to complain about. Both are with Bell.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

I have been using art on my sprint g3 and I love it much better performance all the way around. I notice that the ram does not get sucked up so much and battery life has been a night and day difference (for the better) the phone just feels so much faster and I have had no issues at all. I don't download alot of apps though so that could have something to do with me not having issues.

Did you turn off all the animation settings? That makes everything snap a lot quicker but does that drain your battery at all?

Posted via the Android Central App